Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

The GSN Altis Life server is being closed, permanently.

gsn gaming altis life shutting down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,164 posts
Seeing how many of u support and understand why warms my heart :)i ofc understand that some will be angry and hate this choice,but it had to happen,i hated the game myself but i do want to thank everyone that enjoyd the server and also thank the admind that had the hard job of keeping things in line u did one hell of a job and i thank you all :)

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts
After rereading the post multiple times, and after having been sitting awake for a few hours, the purpose of the conclusion of the server is clear and respected. All good things must come to an end and for that it is understandable and respectable for this change to be made.

That said, this is arguably the most bitter sweet change I have ever had to deal with in a video game in my life. No matter what games I got addicted to, decided to play, no matter how many times I said I was done with Altis Life, I always came back.

I started in late May 2014 and still played Altis as late as yesterday. I had advanced to the rank of GPD Lieutenant and EMS Lieutenant, two roles I took very seriously and was very proud of.

I had recently been given the opportunity to become a developer for the server and was looking forward to learning something new each day of development.

No matter how much shit there was to deal with, I loved every minute of it.

While I'm not sure this will be my final post on this subject (as it is rather late and I may reorganize my thoughts tomorrow), this is my final farewell to Altis Life.

I am very saddened to have to do this and I am truly at a loss for words, but, with the end of one road comes greater roads to travel.

This Goat is, regretfully, signing off from Altis, for the last time.

-TheGhost267 [GPD-LT]
Chief of Kavala
Kavala Operations Division
Shoveling Kavala's Shit Since 2014

-TheGhost267 [EMS-LT]
Lieutenant of Recruitment

-Han Solo
My favorite Alias

Farewell Altis. You will be greatly missed.

JAYSHULER

JAYSHULER
  • Forum Member
  • GIVE ME SOME DAMN PUSH-UPS

• 109 posts

wow just shocked.... BBR ive always had your back and the up most respect for you sir but im truly lost... your the boss sir i truly dont know what to say about this.....

TheMindDoctor

TheMindDoctor

• Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Soldiers_saluting_siloutte.jpeg

Jarod

Jarod
  • Forum Member
  • -Triple Canopy Sergeant- ______Salt Farmer______

• 23 posts

Why you do diss

GforGreg

GforGreg
  • Getaway Driver

• 239 posts

I came here through altis and found an amazing community behind it. This was happily my first and probably last community that I am a part of. 

LoneWolf

LoneWolf

• Forum Member
  • 1,237 posts

The BEAST has finally been slain. Thank you!

Darkcobra337

Darkcobra337
  • 263 posts
I am here to help manage and support any game we play. I will stay till the end. I actually left altis because the lack of fun being overcome by drama and admin issues. I then begin reign of kings will took off and sunk with to many restarts (hope to get back up in beta).

GSN 4 LIFE

Cade Chan

Cade Chan
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 144 posts

As soon as I read this I felt my stomach drop, I spent over 650Hours on GSN Altis alone which was most of my summer. This kinda rubs me the wrong way mainly because of this being my main game I have that i actually enjoyed and had friends to play with, but yet it did start causing issues so I could see why it had to go, I feel like making the server Whitelisted completely would have solved alot of the issues. RIP Altis 2014-2015.

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

FREEDOM.png

freeatlast.jpg

Hey Arnold

Hey Arnold
  • Forum Member
  • The B.F.G

• 92 posts
I joined GSN, not for the games you play or servers you own, but for the amazing community you have. I support this decision and look forward to what the future brings :)

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,570 posts

I agree that Altis did leech quite a bit from the community. To the older members like myself (and yes I do consider two years with this community as old :P) that were here to enjoy the community before shitfest that was Altis, the server became that of an inside joke. I even so much as uninstalled the game even though I do miss King of the Hill...

Well I think GSN will become stronger with this..though I haven't been playing many games with people in GSN I'm sure that will soon change...just haven't been able to afford the 'Flavor of the Week' as usual so I can't play the games everyone is playing. Perhaps that will change soon, one never knows.

Meta

Meta
  • Forum Member
  • 554 posts

It's ok Robot.. we'll find the hacker blackmailing you and get everything fixed.

Monsterly

Monsterly
  • No Problem.

• 601 posts

Backing your decision 100%

When I first started gaming with GSN there were maybe like 35 to 45 members? We pretty much had the best DayZ and Black Ops group in the world :3

I've always enjoyed a more close, tight knit dedicated community. As Robot put it, quality over quantity. I never got into Altis life so I cannot speak for the server myself, but I'm looking forward for our next big-game together. 

One thing that never fails; getting off from a hard day at work and being able to come home and enjoy video games with the people you love the most is the best feeling in the world. Nonetheless, I really hope the Altis community sticks around and will follow us to our next exciting experience. 

Oh btw Rocket League > Everything

Edited by Monster IV, October 21, 2015.

JackDee

JackDee
  • Forum Member
  • 1,043 posts

Time to get addicted to Ark @SaltySam

I honestly thought this was going to happen 10 months agos back in Nov/December time fram of last year. I'm glad this was thought out and done the way it was done. I know that this has really been an issue because I know people like @JackDee who can not stand being in the teamspeak of a community he is a part of. 

Thank you @BadBadRobot and @Paronity, @Pager, @Goats267 for helping to create and shape Altis Life. Thank you to the rule committee, and thank you to those who admin'd the server over the life time of the server. 

@Machine Gun Preacher, Where did you get that from, that I don't like being in team speak in a community that i'm part of?  I did have a problem with lots of people coming into the channel i was in mostly the wasteland channel and i wasn't the only one either, i could name 4/5 others that hated people coming into the channel and raging about RDM/VDM and this person isn't RP'ing with me, the group i was playing with hated AltisLife and still do, the map in its self is fine its the RP shit that a lot didn't like, most if not a lot of the older members 40+ didn't want a bunch of squeakers in the same channel moaning about that bloody game that's one reason why i stayed in the advance lounge and just because i am not in ts every minute of the day is i have a life beyond Arma and GSN as most of us do,

I feel sorry for all the members and players that have read this topic and have put hrs n hrs into this game, but honestly this has been coming for a long time, jesus most of the posts in the forum are about AL and i don't read or reply to every bloody post unlike some eh! if i have something to say on a subject i will reply but not just for the sake of it.

And I'm on the forums everyday too reading other stuff not that there is a lot because AL takes up most of the topics.

So I'll see you in TS maybe/maybe not depends on who i want to talk with, would that be OK with you?

noms

noms
  • Forum Member
  • 54 posts

This must have been a pretty bittersweet decision you had to make and huge respect for recognizing and addressing the situation like you did. If it were a case of hosting I'd be more than happy to provide, but I cannot provide the amazing support and administration work you guys provided and I doubt anyone else can, unless the entire mature playerbase and administration team came over with it, which I doubt would happen. So this is goodbye my old friend for Altis Life.

GSN is probably one of the most mature and fun gaming communities I've ever come across. You guys were always welcoming and fun even to non GSN members, there was always someone to hit up to play a game and chatting with @theBadBadRobot on his streams as he gamed his way through various games were a great way to unwind after work. 

I am unclear on the policy going forward for non GSN members - will whitelist only apply to the teamspeak and will we continue to be able to post, chat and interact on the forums? If so, then I'm going to stick around and maybe use my British accent to charm my way into GSN... ;)

Honestly, I admire you for doing this knowing full well that a lot of people will hate your guts and likewise huge respect for every admin and GSN member for putting up with the RDM, VDM, comp requests, rage, salt, and idiots for as long as they did. You guys were and are amazing and you held the whole thing together pretty well considering.

Thanks guys!

- noms

(P.S. PURELY because I got whitelisted as a cadet like a week ago and then this happens, I'm pretty butthurt at you @theBadBadRobot. But only until your next stream. <3 )

General187

General187

• Forum Member
  • Community Lurker

• 1,409 posts

My feelz

bfRIENDLY

bfRIENDLY

• Forum Member
  • Be Friendly or Die

• 220 posts

Altis Life has been an amazing ride, and I am glad that we had it while we did. We were known for it and that was awesome. Let's move on to Exile or Wasteland Esserker in the next couple weeks and run those servers as great as we ran Altis. 

I for one would love to see an Esseker Exile server as that is all I primarily play as well as Aftermath (Arma 3 Battlefield). There are 4 servers that I play and donate. They give you extra bottletabs/Respect as a thank you which is a nice gesture and does not effect gameplay.

Altis Life for me wasn't my forte as I am not that great at roleplaying when getting shot in the face walking down the street. I think this will make this community grow to bigger and better things and memories will be made on a new game as this is what great communities do.

pvt

pvt
  • Forum Member
  • 5 posts
So what will replace the altis life server

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,164 posts

So what will replace the altis life server

Whatever game we think is fun and enjoy

0 user(s) are reading this topic