Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

The GSN Altis Life server is being closed, permanently.

gsn gaming altis life shutting down

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
222 replies to this topic

S3tha

S3tha
  • Forum Member
  • 42 posts

I hate to see the altis life go but if its needs to been done then it needs to be done. Ill be sticking around because i made many new friends in GSN Community. See you guys on TS and other games that brings us all together.

TKTL (Alex)

TKTL (Alex)
  • Forum Member
  • Ay lamo'

• 28 posts

GG Altis Life we Loved you and miss you. I know so many people that have put countless hours in the server. One being my self. I had 12 hours before I started playing Altis Life. I now have 640+, So many good memory's are left in that server. Ill miss you GSN as any means of communication with you will be blocked. I understand why it happened but I wish we had a warning. The teamspeak bothers me the most. A 18+ ts server sucks for us all maybe a more reasonable age such as 16 would be sufficient and thats where a lot of members age is arround. anyways I'm Rambling BAYYE GSN ALTIS LIFE I LOVE YOU ;'(

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts

Altis Life was what i enjoyed coming home to everyday from school. Altis life is where i made so many friends and where we had so many laughs, i felt it as a home. But now i feel that the altis life is being shut down i wont have these laughs anymore. you couldnt find a better altis life server than GSN's. im not at all happy with this decision please remove my contributor tags on the forums. i am no longer donating.

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

My reaction to this is totally just "mmk, cool" because as much as I loved altis, I also fucking hated it, but I still played it and had fun, but at the end of every day, I asked myself, why do I even play Altis anymore?  You have no idea how many times I have told myself, I'm not gonna play Altis again, and then I play the next day.  This needed to happen for GSN, as much as we all loved Altis, it was a bad drug for GSN, and it was having an affect on the community.  

But I think it's safe to say...

EVERYONE'S FIRED FROM EMS!

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
Oh I also hand in my explorer tags, because right as we got the stuff we waited for a long time just got taken away again...

Please move me to inactive list

@InfernalRage @Gewchie @Ronduth @RisingRonin

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,662 posts

While I am sad to see it gone I think it was for the better the amount of drama that the game brought and the stress and and aruguments it brought was so bad. The toxicity reached a critical point and there was no returning. I respect @BadBadRobot and the rest of the staff for being able to make this decision. I know I for one will be around and continue to enjoy the friends I have made here. 1800hrs later in altis, and 2000hrs in arma. We will move on and survive GSN is a tough group we always make it through.

gvstaylor

gvstaylor
  • Forum Member
  • 15 posts

Tough Decision but this is for the better. I got hooked on this community from the people, and not altis. Thank you everyone and I will continue to see you!

TKTL (Alex)

TKTL (Alex)
  • Forum Member
  • Ay lamo'

• 28 posts

My reaction to this is totally just "mmk, cool" because as much as I loved altis, I also fucking hated it, but I still played it and had fun, but at the end of every day, I asked myself, why do I even play Altis anymore?  You have no idea how many times I have told myself, I'm not gonna play Altis again, and then I play the next day.  This needed to happen for GSN, as much as we all loved Altis, it was a bad drug for GSN, and it was having an affect on the community.  

CANT FIRE ME IF I QUIT!

Might Be Ronny

Might Be Ronny
  • Forum Member
  • Inactive

• 712 posts

Can't fire me if I was... never... hired. :(

Altomax

Altomax
  • Forum Member
  • Kings Of Rule Co-Founder ([KoR] Rain in-game name)

• 15 posts

Man... i wasted over 200 hours on this server. A month. This is actually kinda making me a tab bit annoyed.

Edited by Altomax, October 20, 2015.

XAVIERKOR

XAVIERKOR
  • Banned
  • What seems to be the officer problem ?

• 18 posts

Man... i wasted over 200 hours on this server. A month. This is actually kinds making me a tab bit annoyed.

Same 250 Hours on it lol

Mackenzie Todd

Mackenzie Todd
  • Forum Member
  • 43 posts

Whatever you need to do you gotta do! SGT Todd will back you up!

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,664 posts

that sounds like a future for GSN

you got my support

David

David
  • Forum Member
  • 195 posts

Well this sucks.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Time to get addicted to Ark @SaltySam

I honestly thought this was going to happen 10 months agos back in Nov/December time fram of last year. I'm glad this was thought out and done the way it was done. I know that this has really been an issue because I know people like @JackDee who can not stand being in the teamspeak of a community he is a part of. 

Thank you @BadBadRobot and @Paronity, @Pager, @Goats267 for helping to create and shape Altis Life. Thank you to the rule committee, and thank you to those who admin'd the server over the life time of the server. 

Dominic

Dominic
  • Forum Member
  • 863 posts

Now what can I do to procrastinate my homework...

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts
I am for this decision I have never played altis life let alone Arma 3. In a matter of a month or so once gsn had there server I didn't even know half of you. I'm happy to see this gone and be able to sit in gsn ts without being bothered late at night I support you @BadBadRobot :D

Shimapone

Shimapone
  • Forum Member
  • Resident Pony expert

• 79 posts

I'm gonna cry.... while I understand that it needed to go, the admins in charge of the altis life server should feel proud as hell. everyone did a great job of running the place, and i feel that it will be a significant loss to Arma 3 online.

zephyr

zephyr
  • Forum Member
  • 73 posts

I'm with you 100%. I stopped playing Altis and kinda backed away from GSN for a bit because of the drama. I felt like there was definitely quantity over quality and that is why for the last month or 2 I've kinda just stayed away from all of it.

Glad to see that you saw that as well and want to get the quality back to GSN, still have my shirt and plan on sticking around.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

We will never forget altis. I, will not forget all the things I learned being a staff member while we supported this game, along with the people that I have gotten the chance to talk to that I never would have been able to. I'm sure none of you will forget time times you spent on the server. 

I know that this is going to be tough for a lot of you. But for GSN to continue to be the home for us that Robot and Paladin wanted it to be, something had to change.

Thank you everyone for the support. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users