• Forum Member
  • Inactive

• 712 posts
What server were you banned from? : GSNGaming's Altis Life Server
Who banned you?: Merkopotamus
Why were you banned?: Failure to Role-Play
When were you banned?: August 16th, 2015
What is your in-game name?: [MKSMN] Ronny  

I'm not trying to get myself unbanned immediately or anything like that, let me be clear. I only want to at least attempt to get a smaller ban time as I feel the length of my ban was a little extreme for my offense.

So, my gang-mates were being engaged by GPD in Sofia. This was a pretty typical situation, and because I was right down the road, I figured I had to go help them. I came there in my ATS HEMTT, and I thought about yelling "Put your hands up or be shot!" immediately after getting out. I stalled that however, assessing that I had no cover at all. I then slightly increased my distance from Zephyr. After getting into cover, I said "GPD put your hands on your head now or be shot!"

It can be argued that I said it too quiet or something like that, but here's where it gets interesting.

In the report against me you get all 3 of the GPD's videos from their perspective, and after analyzing the evidence along with some of my friends, we noticed that you can actually hear me from the person who was drastically farther than Zephyr, Exotic.

In this video, at about 0:43, right after Exotic says "just shoot him, shoot him," you can faintly hear my voice. If you are wearing headphones, you should definitely be able to hear it.

His video:

This shows that even though Exotic was DRASTICALLY farther than Zephyr, he could still make out my voice, even though it doesn't seem like he acknowledged it. This makes me suspect that at some point Zephyr muted me in-game, making him not able to hear me at all no matter how far or close I was talking.

I also wish that Zephyr had attempted to contact me in TeamSpeak about this incident before making a report about me, as I would of gladly compensated him as well as the other officer who was killed for their gear, as this was most definitely an accident.

Also, Merkopotamus, you mentioned in your response to my report that I haven't been trying to clean up my act. This is all I have been trying to do. As far as I know, I have never RDM'd anyone before, and I have been playing absolutely legitimately since I've been unbanned. I have never tried to wrong anyone in the server unjustly, and have tried to conform to the rules as best as I could.

As I said, I'm just trying to lessen my sentence here as this was a complete and utter accident, I guess I must have misenterpreted the distance from Zephyr to me, although you can hear me in Exotic's video.

Given the chance, after my unbanning I would immediately compensate both Zephyr and Exotic for their losses.

Thank you for reading, and I will respect your response no matter how it concludes.

BanBot

BanBot
  • Automated Robot
  • 7,102 posts
Thanks for putting in a ban dispute. The admin that banned you will reply here shortly. Please be patient. Until the admin responds, do NOT:
  • Poke admins on Teamspeak to get unbanned.
  • Private message admins on the forums to get unbanned.
  • Post multiple ban disputes on the forums.
  • Whine about your ban in the shoutbox.
Failure to follow direction will result in a permanent website and game server ban. If your not sure why you are banned, look for your name in the ban reports.
(This was an automated message.)

Agony

Agony

• Forum Member
  • Soon ™

• 377 posts

Thanks @Ronny for coming to dispute your ban, sit patiently and @Merkopotamus will be with you when he can.

Merkopotamus

Merkopotamus
  • Forum Member
  • Cholo Potatomus

• 291 posts

Ronny, I gave you clear directions that you chose not to follow. I gave you a light sentence compared to most. You should be counting you blessings that you are not perm-banned which is still on the table. Please accept your sentence and learn from it. But also please understand that I will not be as lenient as I am right now. If you choose to pull a stunt like this again, your ban will be extended.

Thank you,

Merkopotamus

Might Be Ronny

Might Be Ronny
  • Forum Member
  • Inactive

• 712 posts

Well, here I am. It is now the date of which I was told to dispute my ban. 

https://gsngaming.co...749-ronny-rdm/?  <-- My Report-A-Player with Merkopotamus' response.

It's been a crazy two months. I became active in a different community, I made different friends, and so on. I almost didn't even want to make this dispute up until a couple of days ago. But, really, GSN is my, and always will be, home. I recognize that this turn will be my last of the many I've been given, most likely. Good things don't last forever, I realize that. After I got banned, all of my friends and myself all thought that the ban wasn't justified and what-not, and after having a chat with both @Nackers and @Paronity (who were VERY understanding and helpful), I've realized that I was in the wrong. I won't go into big detail with that here, but send me a PM if you would like the TL;DR of our conversations.

I would like to give a formal apology to @Merkopotamus for not being the player I should be. I should set examples for newer players as a long time member of this community, not continually be banned. I would also like to apologize to @Exotic, @Angus, and @zephyr who all fell victim to me going in over my head. I am going to stop attempting to lead any gangs at this point. It is not the type of play-style for me, I have realized.

Thank you for reading, and I hope to see you on the server!

Edited by Might Be Ronny, October 15, 2015.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Forum Member
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Merged your dispute threads since you had 2. Thanks for the kind words. 

Merkopotamus

Merkopotamus
  • Forum Member
  • Cholo Potatomus

• 291 posts

Might Be Ronny, thank you for being patient and understanding. I am glad to read that you learned from your break. This is a tough game, very stressful, and sometimes walking away voluntarily or in your case involuntarily is the best option. It's kind of hard to hear but once we realize this we can go back to the original mindset that games are for fun. Please understand that while I am saying nice things, I still need to tell you that this is absolutely the final straw. So don't break the camels back yo! Any more funny business will not be tolerated and will result in a permban, which means...

giphy.gif

I will get your ban lifted ASAP.

Sincerely,

-Merkopotamus

Merkopotamus

Merkopotamus
  • Forum Member
  • Cholo Potatomus

• 291 posts

Can I get one of you fine gentlemen to unban ronny porfavor. InfernalRageParonity, nackers, SaltySam.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users