Blobs
  • Forum Member
  • 2 posts
What server were you banned from? : GSN Altis Life
Who banned you?: Koda
Why were you banned?: Combat Log
When were you banned?: 10/7/2015
What is your in-game name?: [DSA] Blobs  

When it first happened, I was upset because I felt I had been meta gamed. You could see that I was having a conversation, asking for clarity about the rules on the server, when a third officer simply walks up and restrains me. Because I thought it was meta gaming AND that it was not allowed on the server, I reacted in a way that represented my frustration with that. After speaking to a separate admin, who was much more helpful. I was told that police were allowed to use some forms of meta gaming (tilda key in this case) to get a players ID. Had I known that, I would not have been there, and would have not engaged in an OOC conversation with officers. It was overall my mistake, but it was mostly due to a misunderstanding of the rules (which I have now read) and an overeaction by me, and honestly I feel by the admin. 

https://gsngaming.co...e-server-rules/

BanBot

BanBot
  • Automated Robot
  • 7,102 posts
Thanks for putting in a ban dispute. The admin that banned you will reply here shortly. Please be patient. Until the admin responds, do NOT:
  • Poke admins on Teamspeak to get unbanned.
  • Private message admins on the forums to get unbanned.
  • Post multiple ban disputes on the forums.
  • Whine about your ban in the shoutbox.
Failure to follow direction will result in a permanent website and game server ban. If your not sure why you are banned, look for your name in the ban reports.
(This was an automated message.)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

@Koda will be with you shortly. Here is your ban thread. https://gsngaming.co...30869-dsablobs/

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

Good evening @Blobs

As shown in the video in your ban thread, a public officer came up to you and tried to Role Play with you regarding you having a bounty. Instead of engaging in RP you decide to say "Yeah that's bullshit that's called meta-gaming and i'm about to combat log because you're full of shit." This is the reason you were banned on the spot. We here at GSN to not tolerate rule breakers, especially ones who know they are going to do something they shouldn't. Had you just talked to the public officer and had your friend not RDM'd all the cops in the area, things would have been different for both of you. 

Because our server is a Role-Play server, you should have gone into character and Role-Played with the officer instead of calling BS and Combat Logging. If you felt rules were broken on his part after the scenario is over, that is where you can contact an admin for help or report the player via our Report a Player sub-forum.

This ban will be temporary since you are fairly new to our server and I feel lenient. The ban will be lifted on Saturday October 10th, 2015 before 11:59 PM PST. During this time frame, I urge that both you and Mr. Steve read over our server rules and guidelines. 

Altis Life Server Rules

GSN Code of Conduct

GSN Website Rules And Guidelines

Altis Life - Civilian Beginners Guide

If you find yourself in a position where you are not sure if you are going to break a rule or not, don't do it. If you break any type of rule in the future we will not be as lenient and you will not see the server again. If you find yourself still banned on Sunday October 11th, 2015 after your temporary ban has expired, feel free to PM me on the forums.

Please remember to follow the directions listed above by Mr. BanBot, failure to follow the directions will result in your temporary ban being extended. I hope you can learn from this for your future gaming endeavors and wish you a good evening :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users