• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

Boy. Today was an eventful day. 

Every server under GSN ownership was attacked today bringing everything down at one point or another. 

The forums were down for a little over 6 hours (I think that may be a record for the longest we have gone without forums. @BadBadRobot and I are usually pretty quick to figure out what the issue is to get it back). This time was different. 

Every site hosted by us (which is like 40-50), was working just fine except for any site that had an SSL certificate (the thing that makes the URL green and puts a lock next to it so that your packets are encrypted). I spent damn near 4 hours debugging the issue and everything was running perfectly. I finally stumbled on to the fact that our box (which has 6 IPs) was only showing one. 

With the help of our host, Hivelocity, we got the IP allocation addressed and everything is back online. 

Just wanted to post a note to let you guys know that this particular outage wasn't a DDoS attack. I am still working to figure out root cause analysis and will post some if I figure it out, but at this time, we are back to code Green. You can stop shaking nervously in your computer chairs. :D

I would also like to take this time to shout-out to Hivelocity for helping. They have been fantastic and they helped fix the issue, even though we don't have a maintenance contract with them. 

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

1369869598282.gif?w=490

Agony

Agony

• Forum Member
  • Soon ™

• 377 posts

Back in business boyz 

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

PRAISE GABEN

AND PARONITY 

AND ROBOT 

Cade Chan

Cade Chan
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 144 posts
I just thought it was my crap internet until I finally got on TS.

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts
Great work as always gentlemen! Glad to be back online :)

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,194 posts

I didn't know what to do with my life without gsn :P glad it's back up 

Gregg M.

Gregg M.

• Forum Member
  • For the Watch

• 370 posts

I was scared for about 6 hours there.

Nimbly