Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Social Club launcher problems

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

Has anyone else in GSN had this issue?

I launch GTAV via Steam like normal.. and the Social Club launcher shows up and has a "loading" screen that just never goes away, and the game never launches.

I've looked online for weeks now trying to find a solution that will work for me. I've done everything from deleting profiles in local files, to completely reinstalling the game. I just dont know if I'll ever be able to play this game again on my PC honestly.

HALP

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

have you checked your firewall and routers port settings yet or maybe its a UAC conflict? maybe something got blocked somehow? Ive personally never had this issue.

Jake

Jake

• Banned
  • The Real Slim Shaggy

• 881 posts

Yeah check your firewall. I had a problem where it said i couldnt get the files for GTA 5 online and my firewall had the GTA.exe blocked. Thats most likely your problem.

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

have you checked your firewall and routers port settings yet or maybe its a UAC conflict? maybe something got blocked somehow? Ive personally never had this issue.

Yeah check your firewall. I had a problem where it said i couldnt get the files for GTA 5 online and my firewall had the GTA.exe blocked. Thats most likely your problem.

Thanks guys, thats something i'll look into next.. I'd be super surprised if it is that. But appreciate the tips

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts

Delete the game.

Problem solved. :D

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

Delete the game.