Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

A3 Wasteland Stratis Open Beta

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Aww that sucks, I like it more the other way... Wasteland were you have to grind to get what you want isn't nearly as fun. :\

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

Aww that sucks, I like it more the other way... Wasteland were you have to grind to get what you want isn't nearly as fun. :\

Trust me if we kept it the way it is now completely you will quit in a week. 

If someone knows how to use for example the blackfoot like termi and gets a decent pilot its GG for the rest of the night guarantee. Same goes for the Main Battle Tanks you can snipe across the map with it and kill the server as well.

There will be APCS and little tanks but the REALLY REALLY OP stuff will not be there.  

Hey Arnold

Hey Arnold
  • Forum Member
  • The B.F.G

• 92 posts
Been playing for a few days now and have a few suggestions.

I believe that the main battle tanks should only be available at hard missions.

I think the kajman and Blackfoot should be taken out completely, anything that can auto-lock from 1km in the air is to OP, same goes to jets as they are just to hard to take out with an anti-air launcher.

Although I disagree with the vehicle stores being taken out, I believe you should be able to buy a vehicle with your hard earned cash, but I think you should be limited to the hunter/strider/ifirit hmg/" but increase the price of them so you have to earn it. Same goes to helis you should be able to buy the ones that take skill to kill like the ghosthawk and unarmed transport helis. I would like to see Pawnees stay but I understand a lot of people think they are overpowered as people just spray with the rockets over on area, but maybe you could spawn it without rockets and just leave the mini guns on and it's easy enough to shoot them down with infantry rifles anyway.

I do however believe either the launchers need a buff or the choppers do as the humingbird and Pawnee are blown up with one anti-air rocket, I'd like to see it more like KoTH one shot to disable the next to blow it up, as the hummingbird gives you no warnin you are being locked on and find that slightly unfair.

I'd like to see the drag and revive buttons removed for anyone who isn't on your team/group as Iv had multiple times now where Iv been killed by someone, then revived by them and shot again, over and over again and it just isn't fun.

hope this helps

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

I played for a few hours last night and my 2 cents:

1. Remove Vehicle Stores

2. Increase injured timer (I like Sumatras set up where you can lay there as long as you want)

3. Helicopters should be captured through missions only

4. Remove the heavy armor completely. 

On a side note, why are there classes with in the factions menu?

Id like to see each faction have the same starting packages, and that includes outfits too.

You should have to rely on team work and dedication to capture the good stuff. I am always going to compare it to the other wasteland mod, as I find that one balanced and very fun. 

Matthew.

Matthew.

• Forum Member
  • Matthew

• 168 posts
@Paronity What do you mean exactly by "heavy"? Like the tanks and the badass helicopters?

DaFack

DaFack
  • Banned
  • Rare Pepe

• 566 posts

why are there classes with in the factions menu?

The classes provide extra perks. Snipers get the ghillie suit, Combat life savers can heal to 100 (like GPD on altis), Engineers get unlimited repairs (I think or they spawn with extra toolkits) and divers get wetsuit loadout.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

The classes provide extra perks. Snipers get the ghillie suit, Combat life savers can heal to 100 (like GPD on altis), Engineers get unlimited repairs (I think or they spawn with extra toolkits) and divers get wetsuit loadout.

Engineers also get detection and sweeping gear and the ability to disarm explosives.... Cause mines are a thing.

JayS

JayS
  • Forum Member
  • 240 posts

I don't get why the heavy armor is being removed. I understand that its extremely powerful but at the same time there really slow, they pretty much have to stick to the roads to get anywhere and there a 2 hit titan kill and you get get a titan AT from no joke every AI mission. Everything in arma balances it self out personally excluding the economy I think it is fine the way it is. Also Sa matra wasteland and this wasteland are very different and should really never be compared to each other (IMO). 

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts

I don't get why the heavy armor is being removed. I understand that its extremely powerful but at the same time there really slow, they pretty much have to stick to the roads to get anywhere and there a 2 hit titan kill and you get get a titan AT from no joke every AI mission. Everything in arma balances it self out personally excluding the economy I think it is fine the way it is. Also Sa matra wasteland and this wasteland are very different and should really never be compared to each other (IMO). 

I think you are missing the point of wasteland, it is a constant struggle to get kitted, there are plenty of other game modes that encourage tank battles such as koth, the point is risk vs reward in wasteland it is supposed to be challenge to get your gear and even more challenging to get a military vehicle because of how powerful it is, as it stands someone can do these missions on their own fairly easily and if you are with a few people now you have 5 tanks on a map that is 4km in diameter which is just silly don't forget when the heavy armor goes so do the lock on rockets so if you really do grind out to get a armored vehicle even if it is a lighter one how devastating that can be to the other people on the map. you are right they are not the same but most people that play wasteland prefer the samatra style game play but we have more control with the A3 setup 

JayS

JayS
  • Forum Member
  • 240 posts

I think you are missing the point of wasteland, it is a constant struggle to get kitted, there are plenty of other game modes that encourage tank battles such as koth, the point is risk vs reward in wasteland it is supposed to be challenge to get your gear and even more challenging to get a military vehicle because of how powerful it is, as it stands someone can do these missions on their own fairly easily and if you are with a few people now you have 5 tanks on a map that is 4km in diameter which is just silly don't forget when the heavy armor goes so do the lock on rockets so if you really do grind out to get a armored vehicle even if it is a lighter one how devastating that can be to the other people on the map. you are right they are not the same but most people that play wasteland prefer the samatra style game play but we have more control with the A3 setup 

A3 wasteland and Sa matra offer two different playstyles. Sa matra is focused on getting geared and winning over others while A3 wasteland is more focused on combat. At the moment it is still difficult to get a mbt even when you get one there are several ways you can get taken out. I want to stress again that from every ai mission you can get a titan AT launcher with 2-3 rockets. I also am a bit confused on the purpose of removing lock on rockets, the RPG only has a range of 500 meters and the ifv mora can kill targets at ranges of 1.8km not to mention its gonna take 2 RPGs for one to kill it. All i'm saying is that everything in now balances itself out.

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

A3 wasteland and Sa matra offer two different playstyles. Sa matra is focused on getting geared and winning over others while A3 wasteland is more focused on combat. At the moment it is still difficult to get a mbt even when you get one there are several ways you can get taken out. I want to stress again that from every ai mission you can get a titan AT launcher with 2-3 rockets. I also am a bit confused on the purpose of removing lock on rockets, the RPG only has a range of 500 meters and the ifv mora can kill targets at ranges of 1.8km not to mention its gonna take 2 RPGs for one to kill it. All i'm saying is that everything in now balances itself out.

The game is by far not balanced right now at all not to sound like a dick but I got in a jet just to see how quick I could make people quit. Test was a complete success. Same with a tank. Then I got the other end of it someone in a a10 destroyed me over and over nothing I could do about it and I nearly quit because of ut. Bought my own jet and took care of the problem.

The point is when someone who knows how to use one of the overpowered things in the game they are unstoppable. Yeah I was shot at by AA but never died had to kill myself because I felt terrible after a while.

All these things will be removed in the future

All main battle tanks
Blackfoot and possibly kajman
Titan AT launcher
ATM system
Vehicle saving and vehicle stores
Backpacks nvgs and rangemaster belt when spawning

I understand that sa matra are two different things but he has pretty much the perfect formula for wasteland. Which is why it the most played. The game is supposed to be challenging and hard at first you build your self up from nothing and get good gear over time.

We are simply trying to balance it out with awesome gear and vehicles but not stuff that makes it too easy and not fun anymore for anyone else.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Why the hell is there a mission that drops 800K? That's why it's so damn easy to get shit.

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

Why the hell is there a mission that drops 800K? That's why it's so damn easy to get shit.

Me and paronity are going to push and update today to start more balancing including adjusting money mission payout.

ATM AND VEHICLE STORES WILL BE REMOVED TODAY

Dino66

Dino66
  • Forum Member
  • 24 posts
So you will only have the money on you?

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

I agree with him with the exception of air units... Attack choppers and CAS jets have always been a little imba due to engagement ranges that allow you to be virtually unkillable, but that's been like this on any game mode.

Tanks on the other hand, are trivial to kill. Trivial, especially on a rugged map like stratis. They can be powerful, sure, but not untouchable, especially with the pervasive number of titan at missiles and launchers easily available.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted lol

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

So you will only have the money on you?

In a previous post I explained.

There is a item you can buy at the general store called the warchest which you can store weapons and money in that will save through restarts you can buy it and hide it anywhere

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,709 posts

I agree with him with the exception of air units... Attack choppers and CAS jets have always been a little imba due to engagement ranges that allow you to be virtually unkillable, but that's been like this on any game mode.
Tanks on the other hand, are trivial to kill. Trivial, especially on a rugged map like stratis. They can be powerful, sure, but not untouchable, especially with the pervasive number of titan at missiles and launchers easily available.
Oh well, it was fun while it lasted lol

Like I said titan will be gone and so will the main battle tanks. I and others emptied the server out with just 1 it is not meant for this and it is too easy.

Dino66

Dino66
  • Forum Member
  • 24 posts

In a previous post I explained.
There is a item you can buy at the general store called the warchest which you can store weapons and money in that will save through restarts you can buy it and hide it anywhere

I see, my bad

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts

Like I said titan will be gone and so will the main battle tanks. I and others emptied the server out with just 1 it is not meant for this and it is too easy.

1v1 me brah....

In all honesty I'm not trying to argue or start a fight... I respect your decision even if I disagree and it disapoints me :)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

1v1 me brah....

In all honesty I'm not trying to argue or start a fight... I respect your decision even if I disagree and it disapoints me :)

To be clear, it's not his decision. These are opinions shared by most staff. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users