Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

A3 Wasteland Stratis Open Beta

• Please log in to reply
129 replies to this topic

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

We have now launched Stratis Wasteland server. The server, as it sits, it its current state could change. 

This is for us to get a feel for the configuration and see if any tweaks need to be made. 

--DO NOT GET OVERLY ATTACHED TO YOUR SHIT-- :D

b_560_95_1.png

Let us know if you see anything you want tweaked or changed. 

The staff will be voting and deciding what options get enabled/disabled and tweaked as we go along. 

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

Had fun tonight on it! Great work.

*Rolling list below.

• AI Hostile Helicopters seem a tad overpowered by the fact that they one shot any target they see and are VERY aggressive. Not sure if changing the difficulty for them would solve much, but it is insane sometimes when they attack from far away and you are on foot in a town without noticing them then... BOOM!
  • Reduce the amount of military vehicle spawns in towns.
    - At the moment, once you spawn in a town it is not out of the ordinary to come across a few light armor transports, .50 cal trucks, etc. Maybe scatter these out more across the map and not so much in towns with player spawn points.
  • Make it easier/possible to sell your stuff at stores.
    - Adding the ability to sell nearby crates would be very nice because at the moment you have to empty it manually. Possibly add the ability to sell vehicles?
  • Change the day/night cycle to be faster.
    - I heard that the server was set to half real-time meaning 1 real second was 2 in-game. It would be nice to have a full day/night cycle in 3 or 4 hours. Something much shorter than it is so that everyone has a chance to battle in different times of day.

Bugs:

• Earplugs do not work properly.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

--DO NOT GET OVERLY ATTACHED TO YOUR SHIT-- :D

I'm confused - I thought the whole attraction to wasteland was you start over when you die? Like you don't actually have any belongings because everyone starts from scratch when they join the server? Is that not the case?

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

I'm confused - I thought the whole attraction to wasteland was you start over when you die? Like you don't actually have any belongings because everyone starts from scratch when they join the server? Is that not the case?

*DO NOT GET OVERLY ATTACHED TO YOUR MONEY THAT YOU MADE FARMING MONEY MISSIONS*

Simon

Simon

• Forum Member
  • Drift King

• 137 posts

Wasteland!!! The perfect map too...

As a side note: Are we going to have a Wasteland game discussion forum, like for Altis Life and etc...?

Monsterly

Monsterly
  • No Problem.

• 601 posts

Time to populate this bad boy!

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts

It goes both ways. In wasteland you have money and you have gear. On all servers, you lose your gear when you die. Some servers let you save your gear after you log off, and others let you save your money (but not your gear) when you log off. Personally, I'm a fan of saving gear when you log off.

Wasteland!!! The perfect map too...

As a side note: Are we going to have a Wasteland game discussion forum, like for Altis Life and etc...?

Most likely.

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired

• 16,885 posts

A3Wasleland is highly customizable as what you can make save/persist and what you can't. From gear, to structures, and money and items. Its all up to us. That is why I said it WILL be tweaked as out staff has time to try it out and see what needs changed. :)

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

It goes both ways. In wasteland you have money and you have gear. On all servers, you lose your gear when you die. Some servers let you save your gear after you log off, and others let you save your money (but not your gear) when you log off. Personally, I'm a fan of saving gear when you log off.

Most likely.

A3Wasleland is highly customizable as what you can make save/persist and what you can't. From gear, to structures, and money and items. Its all up to us. That is why I said it WILL be tweaked as out staff has time to try it out and see what needs changed. :)

Ohhhhh okay cool. I'm a scrub and didn't realize how the server could be played in that game mode. I just thought it was straight up deathmatch with no money/stores/saving/etc. Thanks for explaining. 

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Sooooo, can we expect/hope/lust for RHS equipment and weapons on our server? That would be super if we could... Just saying.

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,708 posts
It is going to take some time for us to figure things out with every play test we figure out what needs Balance. In its current state everything is far too overpowered.

We have talked about implementing the RHS items but this will take a lot of work if we could do that and put this on esseker it would be sickkkkkk

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Ok, I'm confused, how could everything be overpowered? If all weapons gear are overpowered then shouldn't they all be balanced against themselves?

Nimbus

Nimbus
  • Staff
  • ITS YA BOI

• 2,708 posts

Ok, I'm confused, how could everything be overpowered? If all weapons gear are overpowered then shouldn't they all be balanced against themselves?

The thing is when everyone has a titan AT launcher PCML and navid there is no gun play or point to do anything. 

You wont be able to drive 1k without being locked on and 1 shotted from 1000ks out from a rocket. especially since this is on stratis. It will battlefield not wasteland like we are used to playing.

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired

• 16,885 posts

The thing is when everyone has a titan AT launcher PCML and navid there is no gun play or point to do anything. 

You wont be able to drive 1k without being locked on and 1 shotted from 1000ks out from a rocket. especially since this is on stratis. It will battlefield not wasteland like we are used to playing.

Yea - I don't think you need "heavy weapons" on a map as small as Stratis. $.02

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Ahh ok, I see... That makes sense.

03Termi

03Termi

• Retired
  • 1,200 posts
It's going to be massively overhauled, just be patient.

Bourbon

Bourbon
  • 607 posts
Oh, don't misunderstand me, I'm not pushing or expressing impatience, I haven't even tried out the server yet, was just feeling out future plans for the server.

I have no doubt that given the track record here at gsn, that we'll be able to turn out a top notch server.

Ghost

Ghost
  • Forum Member
  • Im the REAL GHOST!

• 651 posts

any reason we picked stratis ?? i though everybody was playing chernarus wasteland mainly

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

any reason we picked stratis ?? i though everybody was playing chernarus wasteland mainly

See below for what Nimbus said.

It is going to take some time for us to figure things out with every play test we figure out what needs Balance. In its current state everything is far too overpowered.

We have talked about implementing the RHS items but this will take a lot of work if we could do that and put this on esseker it would be sickkkkkk

It's going to take time for them to implement these things, the base maps are a starting point due to the A3Wasteland mod being built off of them.

Might Be Ronny

Might Be Ronny
  • Forum Member
  • Inactive

• 712 posts

The earplugs do not work for me, even when pressing the default keybind, End, which is said to be the keybind in the map.

I think that we should use the earplug system that is implemented in Altis Life if possible, as it is a very nice and unique way to make earplugs.03b0953a93e74b26fe38f511d023bc90.png

Edited by Might Be Ronny, August 29, 2015.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users