Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

"He's absolutely perfect"

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,760 posts

POPULAR

First of all, I want to say that I'm writing this while laying on a couch in a hospital room, having slept less than 6 hours in three days and am happy as I have ever been in my entire life.

Starting my Friday was just another day. A couple of Dr appointments to check out my little guy and my girlfriend who had just passed the 38 weeks mark this week with the pregnancy. Not a worry in the world, just routine by now so off we went.

That's when the day, and our lives for that matter, changed. The contractions started coming a bit early. He was just a couple weeks away from his debut but seems he was just as anxious as we were to meet each other. We had the appointment and she wasn't ready to go into the hospital so home we went. Back out at 2pm to go to our scheduled ultrasound appointment and all checked out fine, but unfortunately still not time to head into the hospital so back home we went.

To spare the details we ended up going to the hospital, back home, and back to the hospital around 2am yesterday where they finally saw enough to admit her in and give her the pain medication she desperately needed(contractions were 4 mins apart by the time we got back to the hospital). I was, for the first time I can remember, completely out of my element and useless beyond belief.

So after being in labor for close to 12 hours and going through what I can guarantee you is the most intense emotional experience you will ever encounter as long as you live he was out and the moment we heard that first cry we melted. He was finally here, we were exhausted, crying, completely and utterly thrilled to finally get to hold him in our arms after everything this day laid out for us.

Update: my baby boy is fed and back to sleep and his mother is too. So I'm pacing my way around the halls trying to keep myself from endlessly staring into the bassinet in our room.

So after that well of text and all of the lead up, I'd like to introduce you all to my first born, my son, Elijah. Born 6lbs 4oz 20inches long at 1245pm yesterday afternoon.

FB_IMG_1440302091039.jpg
He's absolutely perfect in every way.

Ps for those of you that already knew what was going on with me, I appreciate all the messages of congratulation and encouragement over the last couple days. <3 You GSN and hope to add a second generation GSNer one day far down the road.

MrFortyTwo

MrFortyTwo

• Staff
  • Newdoodabooder

• 678 posts

Congrats Salty! Ma man! you did it!

Best of luck and best wishes to you, your girl and the new guy!

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Congratulations man! 

See you in like five years haha :)

SpeedDemon

SpeedDemon
  • Staff
  • I AM THE MILKMAN!! MY MILK IS DELICIOUS!!

• 446 posts

Congratulations. Your plate is going to be full for a little while. Hope you the best with the little guy.

Might Be Ronny

Might Be Ronny
  • Forum Member
  • Inactive

• 712 posts

Congratulations! 

Eagles

Eagles
  • Forum Member
  • The Freedom Eagle

• 1,330 posts
Congratulations SaltySam! :D

bfRIENDLY

bfRIENDLY

• Forum Member
  • Be Friendly or Die

• 220 posts

Congratulations on a healthy, Beautiful baby boy. Elijah is such a wonderful name for such a precious child!!

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts

WOO CONGRATS SALTY!!!! Great pick on the name! :) 

Gewchie

Gewchie
  • Forum Member
  • 800 posts

Congrats, happy for you man.

AVIDTIGERIAN

AVIDTIGERIAN
  • Dr. Cox lover

• 871 posts

Congrats man im happy for you hope everything goes smoothly dor you in the future :)

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

congrats man! have the nurses cut his nails too they come out super sharp and can give themselves all sorts of scratches :P

From someone with a 10 year old let me give you my brief experiences of how it went for me.

0-6 months - Easiest thing in the world the baby just eats, sleeps, cries, poops and sleeps some more. Just be ready for lots, and lots and LOTS of crying and tons of doctors appointments.

6mo-2 yrs - Wonderful time as the baby actually becomes an aware human and starts to actually understand its environment and has its first words/steps ect.

2-3yrs - Toddler will explore every damn thing in the house and attempt to break it, will constantly ask 'why' and generally will make you want to kill yourself every waking moment of that year.

3-8yrs - Very cool age - its when the thing that started off in your balls as a single cell starts to make you things like macaroni necklaces and art projects and will become a 'mini me' version of yourself. 

8-10yrs - Kid will start to want to become an individual. Will want to do sports - meet with friends, go on sleepovers ect and overall will become embarrassed by everything you do in public. Will also start to learn things in school that makes you feel stupid as a grown ass adult for not knowing the answers too.

Overall get ready for a wild ride over the next 18 years before you ship that kid off to college. It goes by in the blink of an eye though man. Enjoy it!

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

Congrats SaltySam. :yes: Raising a child can be both a challenge and fulfilling, but in the end it is all worth it.

DonDiablo

DonDiablo

• Retired
  • 1,164 posts

congrats salty :) a new chapter has begun :D happy times :)

Col Troutman

Col Troutman

• Forum Member
  • 1,284 posts

Salty.............

Congratulations on being a new Dad....I was a new Dad 38 years ago.....again when I adopted 2 little blonde blue eyed girly girls in 2002 who are both  5'10" .. 16 and 18 yrs old.....and of course 4 grandchildren later........Your life just took a new twist and trials and tribulations start now in a whole and new different way. I love to read some of the guys on here that are also in mid form having..10 yr olds...3 yr olds...just ask them..their life changed dramatically also. New chapter starts now.

P.S. I talked to the guys...Elijah will come into GSN as an Advanced member...no need for an interview....

Carry On Dad and God Bless that little trooper.

Troutman

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Congrats Sam. That's amazing. We didn't have our own because my wife is unfertile, but Having kids is a wild, but fun, ride. (We adopted 4).

I wish you and your family the best of years as you start a new chapter in your life.

Good luck and God bless.

P.S.: Make sure the crib is near the computer. :D

Coyote

Coyote

• Staff
  • 952 posts

Congratulations Salty Sam,  Elijah is simply AWESOME. :thumbsup:

11b30

11b30

• Retired
  • Fuck ISIS

• 1,470 posts
Congratulations Salty. Sleep now while you can because you won't get much for the next few years :o

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

congrats! 

Jay Deadeye

Jay Deadeye
  • Still a Basic Bitch

• 516 posts

congrats dude!

03Termi

03Termi

• Retired
  • 1,200 posts

Congrats Sam! Welcome to the world Elijah  :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users