Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

paronicon 2 ~ on windows 10

Best Answer Paronity, August 07, 2015

Threw Joeys files in my dev environment and it worked fine which means:

1.) It's on his end

2.) There is something different in my dev build that isn't pushed public yet that fixes this issue. 

Testing these possibilities now. 

Go to the full post »

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts
Operating System: Linux
App/Game Name: paronicon 0.4.6
:

@Paronity installed windows 10 on the laptop and its where i usually have the console , the console starts but things that works are the message (stuff that doesnt need log url)

this usually happens if the log url has a problem but not this time , after like 10mins of leaving the console on ,it changes from monitoring to monitoring with errors , i thought to check the log parser but there were no errors so i changed it from debug to trace and also no errors , the console commands/restriction doesnt work though. ill leave the log parser in the attachment.

~tried start in compatibility with window 7-8 that didnt fix it~

since it wont let me attach .log files , here they are uploaded here

http://s000.tinyuplo...856465305352123

3a7d9a07d420756919a5c3ff00ab9899.png

Edited by joey, August 07, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Ironically enough, I didn't even test it..... :D

I'll poke around with it today. 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

What of the following works?

1.) Weapon restrictions

2.) Timed messages

3.) In game commands

4.) Sending an RCON command from the console tab

5.) Right-clicking and acting on the player from the player list. 

This will help me narrow down where the beef is. 

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts

What of the following works?

1.) Weapon restrictions

2.) Timed messages

3.) In game commands

4.) Sending an RCON command from the console tab

5.) Right-clicking and acting on the player from the player list. 

This will help me narrow down where the beef is. 

2 , 4 and 5

Wayne

Wayne
  • Forum Member
  • "You got nothin" -CapN 2k15

• 127 posts

honestly expected this to be a twisted Paronity convention post......

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

honestly expected this to be a twisted Paronity convention post......

LOL....

Just some notes on progress so far:

Ok - So I threw up a CoD4 Server and got it all configured and it's running perfectly. 

097k3.png

7J2k7.png

I even added the item through commands. The console tab works and everything. This is CoD4 though. The issue could be in the parsing on the damn BO logURL. @joey is going to send me his server info so I can test using his server and not have to buy one. 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts
✓  Best Answer

Threw Joeys files in my dev environment and it worked fine which means:

1.) It's on his end

2.) There is something different in my dev build that isn't pushed public yet that fixes this issue. 

Testing these possibilities now. 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Psssssssst......the issue appears to be on his end....  :)

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts

apparently my windows 10 version has a problem with paronicon , THOUGH paronity w10 and my friend both has no problem with it at all.. so back to win7 i go :) thank you Microsoft for allowing this option knowingly you will f#$& up your customers some how AMEN.

and now with win7 it works flawlessly again!

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Does Paronicon 2 work on Windows 10 or not? I want to upgrade my desktop that runs Paronicon and dont want to disrupt my serer populations and ranks. Input appreciated. Thanks!!

Edited by (DG)Loopy Joe-AL-, August 18, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Does Paronicon 2 work on Windows 10 or not? I want to upgrade my desktop that runs Paronicon and dont want to disrupt my serer populations and ranks. Input appreciated. Thanks!!

Backup your data before you do, but I have tested it thoroughly and everything works. I have several other people on 10 using it just fine. I'm not sure if @joey ever figured his out or just went back to older Windows, but it's possible you could see the same issue he did.....

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 783 posts

my problem is probably a driver problem , i had this issue before with other programs on other computers , if your motherboard or laptop have win8 win10 drivers you would have more chance for more compatibility and no problem , (i didnt care for win10 enough to fix my problem but thats probably why it didnt work properly) though i had friend who have win7 drivers and everything works fine , so its not a rule just a suggestion.

and paronity is talking about the data file inside paronicon in your C:// drive , that essentially has all your server data and setting so you dont have to setup the console from scratch (thats a plus when you use paronicon , never start from scratch!)

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Well my Windows 7 is currently recieving the updates neccessary to upgrade to Windows 10. I too have started having the same issue as mentioned by Joey. I noticed it started occurring when updates were applied for the net framework more than likely in preparation to upgrade from 7 to 10. I am still currently running 7. Maybe it may be worth re-publishing/packaging the Paronicon install in your Win 10 Dev environment Paronity. I spose theres no point if other users are getting it to work. Just a matter of us working out what update fixes it. Sigh

Edited by (DG)Loopy Joe-AL-, August 21, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Well my Windows 7 is currently recieving the updates neccessary to upgrade to Windows 10. I too have started having the same issue as mentioned by Joey. I noticed it started occurring when updates were applied for the net framework more than likely in preparation to upgrade from 7 to 10. I am still currently running 7

Well, if you have a spare machine to run Paronicon2 on while we could do some testing, I would gladly use your Windows 10 machine as a debugging platform. 

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

I think ive fixed it. I turned error logging off completely in Global Options and put the local database on Vacuum. Also set it to monitor server on paronicon start up instead of hitting it manually. Paronicon is running really responsive now and havent had an issue for a while. Will report back if i have any further problems.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

I think ive fixed it. I turned error logging off completely in Global Options and put the local database on Vacuum. Also set it to monitor server on paronicon start up instead of hitting it manually. Paronicon is running really responsive now and havent had an issue for a while. Will report back if i have any further problems.

Well, the vacuum will do a lot because it will make the seek times of the file a LOT faster because it will make the database a LOT smaller. I don't do this by default, however, because people with large databases might have to wait like 2-5 minutes for Paronicon to start when it needs to be started. :)

Let me know what you find out. 

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Nope spoke to soon. Unrecoverable error im getting now writing to the database...........f&*% me. Its destroying my already fledgling population map keeps getting stuck. I tried running it on my other Win 7 machine and same thing. Im like what is causing it......ive never had this problem before

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Nope spoke to soon. Unrecoverable error im getting now writing to the database...........f&*% me. Its destroying my already fledgling population map keeps getting stuck. I tried running it on my other Win 7 machine and same thing. Im like what is causing it......ive never had this problem before

Where are you getting that error? Can you screenshot it? 

Look in the root directory for a domainexception.log and threadexception.log file and if either exist, paste them into a code snippet here. 

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

Domain exception error

8/22/2015 11:33:58 AM || An Unhandled Exception was caught.
Error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error:   at Paronicon.db.getServerOption(String optionName)
   at Paronicon.status.run()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

AND Threadexception

8/22/2015 11:33:58 AM || An Application Thread Exception was not handled.
Error:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Error:   at Paronicon.db.getServerOption(String optionName)
   at Paronicon.frmMain.tmrLive_Tick(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Timer.TimerNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-

(DG)Loopy Joe-AL-
  • Forum Member
  • 29 posts

I restarted PC and restarted Paronicon before also has been running smoothly so far since those last errors ^^^. Was thinking those errors may be being caused by the vacuum though. Will keep you posted how long it runs for without error. all good atm. Not sure if i mentioned it but i did try it on a different win 7 machine but that machine is also preparing itself for win 10 upgrade so more than likely has the same updates for netframework 4 or whatever is causing it

Edited by (DG)Loopy Joe-AL-, August 21, 2015.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users