• Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Just announced at Minecon...

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

I think this defeats the purpose of the game...

Friendly Jon

Friendly Jon

• Banned
  • Freelance Sperm Donor

• 51 posts

How so? This game has been out so long that new features such as "Story Mode" that conglomerate the key aspects of the game (Free building and role-playing) could shed some new light regarding the creative possibilities of this old; yet timeless game.

"Defeating it's purpose" is a very ignorant statement in my eyes. Not only does this update add new purpose, it gives more and and exciting new meaning to the games current purpose.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

I think it defeats the purpose of the way the game was originally built, however, now they are trying to add new functionality and style to a game that has been running very well for a long time. 

I for one welcome it and think it could be interesting to see where it goes. I mean, it's one of those things that is going to be awesome, or terrible. 

Sadistic_Malice

Sadistic_Malice
  • 71 posts
But, it's not Minecraft. It's a Telltale Games episodic adventure (Walking Dead, Borderlands, Game of Thrones) set in the Minecraft world.

Edited by Sadistic_Malice, July 04, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

But, it's not Minecraft. It's a Telltale Games episodic adventure (Walking Dead, Borderlands, Game of Thrones) set in the Minecraft world.

Fair enough point as well. 

Friendly Jon

Friendly Jon

• Banned
  • Freelance Sperm Donor

• 51 posts

From what I can tell "Story Mode" key word being "Mode" means you can pick and choose what and how you want to play. Creative free build will ALWAYS be a part of Minecraft, adding new features on-top of it only makes it better - Why are people complaining? 

Sadistic_Malice

Sadistic_Malice
  • 71 posts

Telltale has been making games for just over a decade, working with a range of partners. “We make adventure games based on the things that we love the most, where there are really passionate fanbases that we’re a part of. We want to make games for those fans, and us,” said Stauffer.

Telltale makes its games “kinda like television” he added. “Our games are kinda like playable television as a matter of fact. As we make them we’re always looking at what the fans are saying, and what the reaction is. And sometimes we can tweak and adjust certain things about the games as we go along.”

That’s the approach that will be taken with Minecraft: Story Mode, which is premiering this year. “It’s coming very soon,” said Stauffer. “At least the first episode you will play this year. We don’t know exactly when: it’s probably sooner than you think.” It will initially be a five-episode series.

Source: http://www.theguardi...ls-minecon-2015

P.S. I'm not complaining, just making people aware that these games are completely different.

Edited by Sadistic_Malice, July 04, 2015.

Jake

Jake

• Banned
  • The Real Slim Shaggy

• 881 posts

This looks dope as hell. Now only if my minecraft will work.

Meta

Meta
  • Forum Member
  • 554 posts

I don't think some people are realizing this isn't Minecraft... its a Telltale game inspired by Minecraft. Owning Minecraft in no way gives you access to this completely separate game nor adds any features to Minecraft.

Nimbly

Nimbly

• 642 posts
When I first heard campaign. I had a little woody.

Then I saw it was a telltale game, I quickly went phlacid

300harbingers

300harbingers
  • Inactive
  • Hamburger Murderer

• 418 posts

Sorry, this is completely off topic, but this video lines up perfectly with the intro to for whom the bell tolls by metallica. seriously, lol that was epic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users