Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Can I upgrade this pc? If so, how?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts
http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=5265738
I bought this pc back in 2007
I want to replace the cpu and graphics card and ram, but im not sure how to or if it is even possible.

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts
@Bill @Nackers@tacticalsandals @Paronity

Edited by Red, May 27, 2015.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

If you're replacing the CPU, GPU and RAM - you're pretty much building a new computer. 

No parts from that build are going to be useful for a modern day gaming computer. You should just build a new one. 

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

If you're replacing the CPU, GPU and RAM - you're pretty much building a new computer. 
No parts from that build are going to be useful for a modern day gaming computer. You should just build a new one.

I know but the case, powerbrick can come in handy?

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I know but the case, powerbrick can come in handy?

The case will only fit MicroATX motherboards most likely, and the PSU is also most likely way under powered for modern day parts. Plus it's most likely lacking proper pin layouts for power. the Case only has 2 HDD bays...

You can get a case for like $40 that would suffice. 

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
What is your budget btw? If you want to upgrade it would be good to plan out what you spend your money on

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

What is your budget btw? If you want to upgrade it would be good to plan out what you spend your money on

$900

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
If you are willing to spend around 700$ I have something that would be good use for gaming http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QzQVP6 you can remove the SSD but I would highly recommend keeping it, and if you want I would add in a different CPU Cooler, just for better performance and if you want to overclock your CPU, @Nackers would you approve of this? Anything you might change?

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
I left out the OS didn't know what you would want to use, I would prefer Windows 7 home premium.

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

If you are willing to spend around 700$ I have something that would be good use for gaming http://pcpartpicker.com/p/QzQVP6 you can remove the SSD but I would highly recommend keeping it, and if you want I would add in a different CPU Cooler, just for better performance and if you want to overclock your CPU, @Nackers would you approve of this? Anything you might change?

Idk about the Graphics card on that one
Im stuck between these two cards
http://pcpartpicker....ard-04gp43975kr
Or
http://pcpartpicker....-gvn970wf3oc4gd

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

I left out the OS didn't know what you would want to use, I would prefer Windows 7 home premium.

(Ill pirate it shhhh)

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
Honestly I would stick with the EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti you get the same features such as shadow play but it is all up to you the way you spend your money, it is a good GPU and should last you a good amount of time

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

Honestly I would stick with the EVGA GeForce GTX 750ti you get the same features such as shadow play but it is all up to you the way you spend your money, it is a good GPU and should last you a good amount of time

Can it run GTA smooth? Atleast 50fps

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts

Can it run GTA smooth? Atleast 50fps

I do not have GTA Installed, I also do not have this same computer, but my guess would be you might be able to run 45-50 frames on GTA, as I have heard is that GTA runs off your graphics card memory(do not quote me) but with that 2gb with the 750ti and that good CPU and ram you will probably get some good frames

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
@Nackers @Paronity @BadBadRobot or @Anyoneelse can you give some input?

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

I do not have GTA Installed, I also do not have this same computer, but my guess would be you might be able to run 45-50 frames on GTA, as I have heard is that GTA runs off your graphics card memory(do not quote me) but with that 2gb with the 750ti and that good CPU and ram you will probably get some good frames

I was Just asking because i need a powerful card.
The ones i listed above are powerful but i have no idea what kind of games they can run.

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts

I was Just asking because i need a powerful card.
The ones i listed above are powerful but i have no idea what kind of games they can run.

those cards can run almost any games, but if you play arma it's mostly CPU, (correct me if I'm wrong) it's up to you if you want to go an extra 225$ on a graphics card

Muuvie

Muuvie

• Forum Member
  • I Like Turtles

• 1,323 posts

I'll give the same advice I gave you weeks ago, despite the numerous posts you have created on the same topic that have mercilessly beaten this horse, it has not changed.

You're going to give yourself a LOT more trouble down the road if you keep attempting to build a computer at an absolute bare bottom budget. 

The advice was and still is, save what money you have now until you have the funds to properly build a computer.

Also, change your name.

Red

Red
  • Forum Member
  • 26 posts

those cards can run almost any games, but if you play arma it's mostly CPU, (correct me if I'm wrong) it's up to you if you want to go an extra 225$ on a graphics card

If I go with a low end i5, will it work. And 750 ti is it worth it?

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts

I'll give the same advice I gave you weeks ago, despite the numerous posts you have created on the same topic that have mercilessly beaten this horse, it has not changed.

You're going to give yourself a LOT more trouble down the road if you keep attempting to build a computer at an absolute bare bottom budget.

The advice was and still is, save what money you have now until you have the funds to properly build a computer.

Also, change your name.

look bill gave you a suggestion and I gave you one, http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9c7pzy Take people's advice! If this is your first time building a PC then let someone who has built multiple give you some really nice options for what your looking for.
  • Red likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users