Photo

Rcon tool for MW3 is here!

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

D3thR4ttle007

D3thR4ttle007

Banned

• Banned Member
  • 293 posts
For all of you MW3 fellas...ive got something that might make ur game a little more enjoyable. There is an rcon tool that you can use to kick players that are breaking your rules or hacking while you are the host of the server. The only downfall is that it wont work unless you are the host of the server, but if you have a good connection like I do, it will pick you to be the host almost 90% of the time.

I tested it out tonight and I was host for 10 matches in a row... and was able to kick trouble players at the touch of a button. The way you can tell you are host is when you can pull ALL of the players up on the server in the player list. When kicking someone...it takes anywhere from 10-30 secs for the player to get kicked(it actually times them out).

Download the tool here:
http://www.xifon.eu/mw3sa/ -- Make sure you download the Normal(full) version.!!

*The Normal edition of the tool requires that you have WinPcap and the Visual C++ 2010 SP1 redistributable installed.
Installers for these requirements can be found in the full package.

Once you have WinPcap and MW3SA installed, copy MW3SA.exe over to your desktop to create an icon for easy access. Start MW3 then open up the tool, and initialize it... Dont close it out after initializing....NEEDS TO STAY OPEN!! Then you will be told to navigate to address
http://localhost:28962 . Open your main browser and type it in and save the address in you favorites for quick access, then copy the address, close browser, then paste it into steam browser for quick access while in-game. DO NOT START UP THE TOOL WHILE IN-GAME...YOU WILL CRASH THE SERVER!! Do these steps while you are in the lobby before getting on the server. Now, while you are host, you have full control over removing trouble players from the server. Let me know how it works for you all... Happy Fragging!!

FourTwoFour

FourTwoFour

• Community Member
  • 2,985 posts
You say do not do this while in-game? Oh wow... so many people are going to be using that.. servers will be crashing 24/7. Good job P2P, Activision are just massive retards. This should also be against the rules since now every single retard out there can be an admin, terrible.

This game is just... : / We should all go play COD 4!

D3thR4ttle007

D3thR4ttle007

Banned

• Banned Member
  • 293 posts

You say do not do this while in-game?

I corrected myself....I meant do not start up the tool while in game...it some how crashes the server...dont know why, but it does.. :)

MrRamboRex

MrRamboRex
  • Community Member
  • 338 posts

I corrected myself....I meant do not start up the tool while in game...it some how crashes the server...dont know why, but it does.. :)

Do it will in the lobby. and it works awesomely

Crogj

Crogj
  • Community Member
  • 40 posts
I really do not like to be negative ,but this seems like a bad idea. All of your authorized people bend over backwards to police your severs with an even hand. You warn people, you try to reason with them ,and then if you can't get them to stop being disruptive you toss them out. If just about anyone can have this power and are not judicious with its application you will have chaos. Remember Doc.... if he had this software everyone including himself would have been kicked! It takes an even temper to watch a server, it is almost better not to play if you are an admin.

D3thR4ttle007

D3thR4ttle007

Banned

• Banned Member
  • 293 posts

I really do not like to be negative ,but this seems like a bad idea. All of your authorized people bend over backwards to police your severs with an even hand. You warn people, you try to reason with them ,and then if you can't get them to stop being disruptive you toss them out. If just about anyone can have this power and are not judicious with its application you will have chaos. Remember Doc.... if he had this software everyone including himself would have been kicked! It takes an even temper to watch a server, it is almost better not to play if you are an admin.

Im not sure where you are going with this but in a way, I do understand your point...this tool does not need to fall into the wrong hands and become mis-used and abused. The true point of using this tool and works well when you have multiple ppl in your party lobby including your self using this tool, because more than likely, someone in your party will be host which then makes it more efficient on removing hackers from the server.

Keep in mind, not too many people know about this tool, but, look at it this way....with this tool being available to all....which of the two will you run into most......the one abusing the tool, kicking anyone and everyone, or the one who comes on the server who is just blatantly hacking up a storm?? I believe you will run into more hackers than tool abusers. Anyone else agree?