• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

{{How To Safely Mod GTA V}}

GTA-V-Banner.jpg

Hey Everyone, wanted to throw up a detailed guide on how to safely mod GTA in a way that is 100% safe and is guaranteed to not get you banned in GTAOnline.

Major Note :   To avoid any risk of finding yourself in trouble in GTA Online you should disable all mods and restart GTA before connecting the GTA Online after playing with them enabled. The Script hook and LUA included are set to disable when connecting to the rockstar server automatically but by disabling the mods manually you remove them from the GTA directory entirely thus eliminating any risks. If you connect to GTAOnline with mods running you risk being banned, play it safe and disable them!!

Step 1 : In your GTA install directory [steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto V] create a folder called 'Scripts' inside that folder create two sub folders. One named addins and the other named libs. These folders are used at a later point for script mods, as a rule of thumb if you download a named file such as slowmotoggle.LUA file you put it in the addins folder and you will put any GUI.LUA files into the lib folder.

f0aeaa3c7713ab7e46c5b0f335e8c331.png339cb947d15c8cc8f8c378da314019e6.png

And here is an example of a addins folder and a lib folder with files inside them, but at this point yours will be empty.

Spoiler

Step 2 : Download the Mod Manager from This Website. On your desktop or any other easily accessible location create a folder named Mod Manager. Place the Mod Manager V.exe into this new folder. (do not put the mod manager folder into the GTA directory!)

Note : The way the mod manager works is that when you enable a mod it loads it into the GTA directory, when a mod is disabled it gets returned to its folder inside the mod manager. Do not 'Uninstall' mods via the manager this will delete them entirely.

Step 3 : Inside the Mod Manager folder create two sub folders, one named Script Hook and the other called LUA, you will be filling these folders in the next step.

Note : Your Mod Launcher folder should look like this at this point. (the @ symbols are not needed just a old arma habit)

7e97409d331d8a050e7f31851d819a00.png

Step 4 : Install the Script Hook from This Website. Place the scripthook.dll and the dimput8.dll into the Script Hook folder.(ignore the included text file that tells you to put the files directly into the GTA directory) The NativeTrainer.asi is also outdated you can ignore that file and can find a updated version down below.

Step 5 : Install the .LUA Plugin from This Website. Simply Drop the LUA_SDK.asi file into the LUA Folder in the ModManager folder.

Place the basemodule.LUA file into your scripts/addins folder. The other included .LUA files (bodyguard,example and testmodule) are optional - I recommend you delete them.

Place the included GUI file into the libs folder you created in the GTA directory, and place the main.ini file into the scripts folder, your folder will now look like this.

0b6d15bdbcc876f11fe43e6bd4c8d7ed.png

82fed599f03721ebf5d940cd52184732.png

073943431e130e8dd5fc4f0ed838f5c2.png

Step 6 : Launch the ModManagerV.exe and define the location of your GTA install this will create a text file in the mod launcher folder named MMV-conf just leave this file where it is , default is [steam/steamapps/common/Grand Theft Auto V]. Once defined the program should look like this.

Spoiler

At this point you are done with all the setup and can start installing and playing any mods you want to your mod manager folder, below you will find an example of how to actually install a mod.

Major Note again because its that important :   To avoid any risk of finding yourself in trouble in GTA Online you should disable all mods and restart GTA before connecting the GTA Online after playing with them enabled. The Script hook and LUA included are set to disable when connecting to the rockstar server automatically but by disabling the mods manually you remove them from the GTA directory entirely thus eliminating any risks. If you connect to GTAOnline with mods running you risk being banned, play it safe and disable them!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for the fun stuff, in my example we will be installing the GTAV Simple Native Trainer, this mod allows you to spawn cars,teleport, become a monkey with Molotov cocktails or run around as a body builder with unlimited ammo and many many more options.

Step 1 : Get the Native Trainer file from here. Inside your Mod Manager Folder create a third folder named NativeTrainer and place the .asi file within. Here is an example of how it will look with your first mod installed.

f1099cf8db5d52699dd42d0988ed6831.png

Step 2 : Enable the mod in the Manager and play, ingame press F4 to open the trainer and use the numpad to navigate. seriously its the simple, when you want to go onto GTAOnline disable the mod and restart the game and your good to go.

a6feb41744a503faeb1664dc328ab6d0.png

Here is what a folder full of mods could look like.

Spoiler

I hope this helped out anyone who is trying to install mods into GTA.

Already there is some great options! Below this post you will find some mods that I can personally vouch for working perfectly and add some very fun features.

If you have any questions or trouble feel free to ask and ill help you out.

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

Szabo's persistent vehicles mod : (this file gets installed to the addins folder, not the mod manager folder) This mod allows you to save cars wherever you want, and also keeps the last 3 cars you entered from magically disappearing. It creates markers on the map that shows where your cars are; the markers are small and colour-coded.

Spoiler

Realistic Vehicle Controls LUA : (this file gets installed to the addins folder, not the mod manager folder)

This mod adds cruise control, auto-drive to waypoint, auto-patrol, configurable vehicle control hotkeys, in-game menu and many more vehicle options.

Spoiler

Custom License Plates : Name says it all.

Spoiler

Heist Vehicles spawn in singleplayer : Again name says its all.

Spoiler

Working Restaurants : You cannot enter them, but they allow you to purchase food that refills health.

Spoiler

Vehicle Cannon : you can shoot cars out of a gun, nuff said.

Spoiler

Manual Transmission for Cars : As described in title.

Spoiler

Simple Speedometer : Display speed as either mph or kph.

Spoiler

Carmagaddon mod : Anyone familiar with GTAIV should be familiar with this, forces all cars to be hostile to the player.

Spoiler

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts
Thanks for the writeup!

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Rockstar always having to be a pain in the ass..

Thanks!

dudio

dudio
  • Forum Member
  • 81 posts

Nice work Tactical   :thumbsup:

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

Jesus Christ!! I wish I would of saw this I have to redownload the game to go online.. fuck me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users