Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Lvl 0, no money newb question.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Modoc

Modoc
  • Get off my lawn!!!

• 1,113 posts

I just started playing today, with 0 cash. random lobbies are ok, but mostly I'm just constantly being hunted by geared up players. I've only hit lvl 5 I think. So 2 things.

1. whats a good way to make cash, not doing some of the missions, but just in the run around world.

2. Is there a way to play in a private/friends only online lobby that has the cash apply to my profile. Cuz I'm pretty sure I was playing with some cheating russians, and others who were way above my lvl even in the missions.

p.s. I have, so far, only made $14,000 online.

Edited by Modoc, May 04, 2015.
edit to give cash amount.

Fish_Tacos

Fish_Tacos

• Forum Member
  • 862 posts

1. Not too sure, I've always done missions. 

2. Launch single player, hit escape to bring up the pause menu, click the online tab, on the left hand side there should be an option for "private" session. You can then invite whomever you want after you have loaded into the online server.

Modoc

Modoc
  • Get off my lawn!!!

• 1,113 posts

thanks.

GforGreg

GforGreg
  • Getaway Driver

• 239 posts

Good way to make money is to rob liquor stores at the beginning (Rank 1-10) (1000 - 1400 yield)

After rank 10 (could be a bit higher) you can do gang attacks (500 - 5000 depending on the amount of crates)

Also Simeon will give you a list of cars he wants you too steal, all you have to do is steal them, respray them and deliver (Varying Money)

If your in a match with higher levels the possibilities of Lester activity's can pop up such as, Distract cops (3,000 -10,000 yield),

Taking down Smuggler Planes/Helicopters (2,000 - 15,000 yield). 

Also you can try your hand in bounty hunting (1,000 - 10,000)

There may be other things that I have forgotten but I hope this helps, also the cash gain I listed is from person experience could vary from person to person.

Butterkuhp

Butterkuhp
  • Kindly Perverted

• 548 posts

I too was hunted during my first 40minutes. 

EDIT: You can catch me online later tonight for some GTA Gametime, money making and hooliganism tonight. We'll rob stores, and play Survival, and fisticuff all the civilians.

It'll be good. I'll show you a good time.  

Edited by Butterkuhp, May 05, 2015.

HeYYiTzPaT

HeYYiTzPaT

• Forum Member
  • Check out my YouTube!!!!!!!

• 176 posts

I did this on console, on the Xbox 360 there's an option to play Online strictly solo. You can't invite anyone, and nobody can join. I did that, and it wasn't bad. Worth a shot. 

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

The game should start you with 10k. Not sure why its giving you 0$, did you finish the tutorials?

Asides from that early game robbing stores/bank trucks/selling cars to LSC and doing missions/races will be your best bet. You will also want to start working towards 50 race wins since that is what you must do to unlock the final tier of vehicle upgrades online.

Later on Heists and high end missions (lvl 50+) will become your main source of money.

Modoc

Modoc
  • Get off my lawn!!!

• 1,113 posts

Thanks for all the info, was going to play last night but crashed super hard and didn't wake up till this morning. Hopefully I'll catch up to you all later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users