Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Save map and restart or wipe and restart?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Poll: Save map and restart or wipe and restart? (18 member(s) have cast votes)

Restart MC server?

1. Change Mods - Wipe Map (8 votes [44.44%])

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

2. Keep Modpack - Wipe Map (2 votes [11.11%])

Percentage of vote: 11.11%

3. Don't Care About Pack - Wipe Map (5 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. Keep Modpack - Keep Map (3 votes [16.67%])

Percentage of vote: 16.67%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,662 posts

So it seems like most people got to end game and dont really play much anymore. I myself try to find something to do when I log on. So what do you guys think? Think we should just scrap the map and restart maybe save it so we can play later if we want? I personally would like to restart as my work has gotten me to the point where just playing minecraft for a few hours is more fun then trying to get into Altis or GTA or w/e. So what do you guys think?

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Isn't this the typical cycle of minecraft? Especially in FTB? Leveraging FTB mods, you can get to end game pretty quickly and automate everything to do it for you.

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

I don't play on the current server, but if it went to a vanilla or vanilla-esq modpack, I would most likely start playing it.

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

@Paronity is totally right. This is what happened twice with my server. Unless your into massive builds (@M249-M4A1), there's not much to do once you've gotten to the place where we're at.

That being said, the world will be backed up no matter how it goes. I can send you the world file if you want to play locally to finish up stuff and whatnot.

Personally, I don't care if we switch to a new mod pack or not, I'm cool either way. I definitely vote for a map wipe though. It'll be good for us. 

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,662 posts

Isn't this the typical cycle of minecraft? Especially in FTB? Leveraging FTB mods, you can get to end game pretty quickly and automate everything to do it for you.

Yea part of the problem was the way the server started though. Since we started with the deep dark it was pretty much a rush for quarries then never have to mine again removing alot of exploring. I do not think we'd be starting the new server with the Deep Dark available right off the bat like we did this time around.

Muuvie

Muuvie

• Forum Member
  • I Like Turtles

• 1,323 posts

Lol damn guys.  Go back to vanilla, you'll have more fun.    I was really enjoying just digging these massive ass tunnels and underground lairs, why you gotta restart it? 

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Yea part of the problem was the way the server started though. Since we started with the deep dark it was pretty much a rush for quarries then never have to mine again removing alot of exploring. I do not think we'd be starting the new server with the Deep Dark available right off the bat like we did this time around.

This is correct. The Deep dark would need to be accessed via end-game type stuff (I've never really done it so I don't know what to call it...).

Also - what I've learned (Currently my third server, could be my fourth after restart), is that you find what you did wrong and whatnot so you don't make the same mistake.

Muuvie

Muuvie

• Forum Member
  • I Like Turtles

• 1,323 posts

Just drop everything you have, delete all your homes and waypoints and teleport a gagillion blocks away and start over. 

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

We're currently looking at Infinity as a possibility for a new modpack. If you have any concerns with that modpack, please mention it here.

http://ftbwiki.org/F..._Beast_Infinity

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

What I can explain here is that Minecraft servers are cyclical. It goes from a good population to 2 or 3 naturally over time. Votes like this should happen every 3 months or more. What I would recommend is to get @Sadistikitty and some of the other regulars to chime. I know there is a small group who plays at night. If you are looking for ways to make maps last longer and have replayability I would suggest planning with other players a joint project.

I am personally ALWAYS a fan of vanilla MC. Its more true to the intended nature of MC. 

Sadistikitty

Sadistikitty
  • Burritos!

• 70 posts

@Paronity is totally right. This is what happened twice with my server. Unless your into massive builds (@M249-M4A1), there's not much to do once you've gotten to the place where we're at.

That being said, the world will be backed up no matter how it goes. I can send you the world file if you want to play locally to finish up stuff and whatnot.

Personally, I don't care if we switch to a new mod pack or not, I'm cool either way. I definitely vote for a map wipe though. It'll be good for us. 

Pliz send to me so I can continue to do alllll the things?  <(O.O)>  Also, I must has my cupcake building to work on more. T^T

Edited by Sadistikitty, April 23, 2015.

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

We about ready to cut the voting for this? Seems like most people want a wipe and new mods, so we should make a save of the map and start working on setting up the new server, yeah?

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

That's actually why I logged on. I have some apartment hunting and such to do today, but I think when I get back from all of that, I'll start the change-over.

Eagles

Eagles
  • Forum Member
  • The Freedom Eagle

• 1,330 posts

That's actually why I logged on. I have some apartment hunting and such to do today, but I think when I get back from all of that, I'll start the change-over.

What mods are you thinking of using?

Sam.

Sam.

• Forum Member
  • Former EXP

• 1,035 posts
If you change the mods my requests are that you keep Thermal expansion, Build Craft, IC2. But in my opinion just keep the mo pack restart the map

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users