Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Future GTA Server possibilities

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

TacticalSandels

TacticalSandels
  • Forum Member
  • 3,210 posts

So i came across two links tonight that made me really happy, I have been saying that i really want this and apparently modders are already working on it. Funny enough they are looking for help, if we could help get in on a private RP server that could be a gigantic potential market.

First is a bunch of guys that are working on making 128 private dedicated GTA servers.

http://www.moddb.com...los-santos-life

V:Multiplayer is a free alternative massively Multiplayer Modification for Grand Theft Auto V ™, which allows you to play with your friends over Internet or LAN. Dedicated-Servers will be able to run huge scripts for up to 128 players during first versions. Peer-To-Peer Servers are able to run complex scripts for players up to 32. Choose your own language.. Squirrel, LUA, C# or Javascript, or even create client modules. We're trying to give you the best out of Grand Theft Auto V ™ and V:Multiplayer

Second is a Life mod based on Altis life, if @Paronity could hook up with these guys the possibilities could be endless.

http://www.moddb.com...los-santos-life

X6ZWwUu.png
Los Santos Life is an upcoming RPG modification for the highly-anticipated GTA V on PC. Heavily-inspired by the popular ArmA 3 game-mode ‘Altis Life’, Los Santos Life will boast RP scenarios and features never-before thought possible! Currently, we are in the process of compiling a team of loyal members to help develop the forum and community’s operations. In the coming weeks, we will continue to post more in-depth information regarding the goals of Los Santos Life, and where exactly GLND would like to take it.

IwtF30P.png
Initial release: These are the basic features required—also constituting the base of our mod—before we open the gates to our community.

• Master Database. This database will store information such as the player’s last location, wealth, inventory, crew/gang/cop/medic/fire-fighter status, and so forth.
  • Basic HUD. The HUD will display basic information such as the player’s hunger and thirst levels.
  • Basic UI. This UI will allow you to share cash and send messages to other players, manage gangs/crews and more.
  • Legal Ways of Making Money. Including but definitely not limited to: transporting goods, mining, treasure-hunting, gathering, buying and selling stocks, and starting a career in the public or private sector.
  • Illegal Ways of Making Money. Including but definitely not limited to: robbing select NPCs or other players and trafficking, growing or processing contraband.
  • Spawn Selector. A UI allowing a player to spawn at a hospital of their choosing minus the hospital closest to the scene of their death, in order to prevent that player from breaking New Life Rule.
  • And any other necessary features brought to our attention.

Future Features: The basic features required before we release an editable build to the open-public.

• Voice over Net or VON. This may be achieved through third-party software like TeamSpeak and may function like Task Force Radio for ArmA 3.
  • Real-Estate. The ability to purchase and sell land or buildings.
  • Gang Territories. Gangs may fight for control over a certain area in order to receive money from local markets.
  • Business Cards. The ability for civilians and cops to exchange business cards.

Plans List will be changing on a regular basis.

17CXlRe.png
We’re currently looking for anyone interested in assisting the development of this mod, whether your specialty be graphics, scripting (LUA, JavaScript, C# or Squirrel), UI design (HTML, CSS, JavaScript) or anything else you’d like to contribute.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please contact me at macdonaldsj2@gmail.com.
ONPqHnG.png
Forums: Glndgaming.com
Teamspeak: ts.glndgaming.com

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I e-mailed them to get some details. I definitely don't have the time to take on a large part in the project, but I can give them tips, guidance, and suggestions. We will see where it goes. 

Danobot

Danobot

• Forum Member
  • The All Mighty Thor

• 229 posts

if We actually can get a GTA Altis Life....dude i will never leave my room again and imagine the possibilities as a cop :D

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts

I've been following Los Santos Life Mod for a while now and love the idea, just waiting to see exactly where they are at. Also, there is another group working on standalone servers for GTA V known as FiveM due to R* not wanting to allow certain mods in online play, this may be a huge deal if we want to see this life mod in action. Even the thought of having more than just 30 people gets me excited, San Andreas is quite large enough to hold many more.

http://fivem.net/

Edited by MrMackeyMKayyy, April 21, 2015.

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Yeah.. hopefully these dedicated servers will come with better connection. I can't play with anyone in GSN or just online for more than a few minutes before getting kicked.... 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

This would be awesomeeeeeeeeeeee

Neptune

Neptune
  • Banned
  • Script Kiddie

• 354 posts

I actually know one of the Developers on this team, @Paronity I could message him for you :D

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

This.. this is something I could definitely enjoy

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

IF this actually releases, I expect it to be something like SAMP, however, I don't have very high expectations.  A similar mod was made for GTA IV, and it was extremely unpopular and, from what I heard, just as unstable as GTA IV normally...

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

IF this actually releases, I expect it to be something like SAMP, however, I don't have very high expectations.  A similar mod was made for GTA IV, and it was extremely unpopular and, from what I heard, just as unstable as GTA IV normally...

I too share your same skeptical thoughts because of how bad GTA IV was. The port was SO HORRID. However, you can't build a house unless you have a good foundation. I'm hoping with how well GTA V for PC was built and how well done optimization is - we'll have a much better shot at a life mod. 

CaptainSam101

CaptainSam101
  • Forum Member
  • Throwing BBR out of elevators since 2014

• 1,738 posts

I too share your same skeptical thoughts because of how bad GTA IV was. The port was SO HORRID. However, you can't build a house unless you have a good foundation. I'm hoping with how well GTA V for PC was built and how well done optimization is - we'll have a much better shot at a life mod. 

I completely agree.  My only worry with GTA V is that I think it's very plausible that the online embedding that they have now will make it impossible for this to actually become reality.

Fusion3Gz

Fusion3Gz
  • Forum Member
  • 1,308 posts

ermahgerd! I was just talking with some others the other day about GSN coming up with a GTA RP servers. This is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

I actually know one of the Developers on this team, @Paronity I could message him for you :D

Let's see what the reply is to my original email, then I'll let you know. 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I completely agree.  My only worry with GTA V is that I think it's very plausible that the online embedding that they have now will make it impossible for this to actually become reality.

You know, now that you say that - I have been having bad dsync issues when in cars with other people when online...The online mode still need some tweaking. 

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts
Yes pls. I need GTA mods in my life.

Brisingr34

Brisingr34
  • Forum Member
  • CS:GO Addict

• 281 posts

ermahgerd! I was just talking with some others the other day about GSN coming up with a GTA RP servers. This is amazinggggggggggggggggggggggggggg.

You'd be banned from it. You RDM'd me, remember?

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Let's see what the reply is to my original email, then I'll let you know. 

So - the email address they have posted is invalid and it bounced......

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users