So i came across two links tonight that made me really happy, I have been saying that i really want this and apparently modders are already working on it. Funny enough they are looking for help, if we could help get in on a private RP server that could be a gigantic potential market.
First is a bunch of guys that are working on making 128 private dedicated GTA servers.
Second is a Life mod based on Altis life, if @Paronity could hook up with these guys the possibilities could be endless.
Los Santos Life is an upcoming RPG modification for the highly-anticipated GTA V on PC. Heavily-inspired by the popular ArmA 3 game-mode ‘Altis Life’, Los Santos Life will boast RP scenarios and features never-before thought possible! Currently, we are in the process of compiling a team of loyal members to help develop the forum and community’s operations. In the coming weeks, we will continue to post more in-depth information regarding the goals of Los Santos Life, and where exactly GLND would like to take it.
Initial release: These are the basic features required—also constituting the base of our mod—before we open the gates to our community.
- Master Database. This database will store information such as the player’s last location, wealth, inventory, crew/gang/cop/medic/fire-fighter status, and so forth.
- Basic HUD. The HUD will display basic information such as the player’s hunger and thirst levels.
- Basic UI. This UI will allow you to share cash and send messages to other players, manage gangs/crews and more.
- Legal Ways of Making Money. Including but definitely not limited to: transporting goods, mining, treasure-hunting, gathering, buying and selling stocks, and starting a career in the public or private sector.
- Illegal Ways of Making Money. Including but definitely not limited to: robbing select NPCs or other players and trafficking, growing or processing contraband.
- Spawn Selector. A UI allowing a player to spawn at a hospital of their choosing minus the hospital closest to the scene of their death, in order to prevent that player from breaking New Life Rule.
- And any other necessary features brought to our attention.
Future Features: The basic features required before we release an editable build to the open-public.
- Voice over Net or VON. This may be achieved through third-party software like TeamSpeak and may function like Task Force Radio for ArmA 3.
- Real-Estate. The ability to purchase and sell land or buildings.
- Gang Territories. Gangs may fight for control over a certain area in order to receive money from local markets.
- Business Cards. The ability for civilians and cops to exchange business cards.
Plans List will be changing on a regular basis.
If you’re interested in joining the team, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.