Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

A blind guy, and his new build.

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

So some know, I'm albino and partially blind.  I built my first pc back in 2008.  It has served me well, but an upgrade was needed.

So I picked up some goodies.

I5 4690k @4.4ghz

asrock z97 extreme4 board

Corsair h105 with sp120 white led fans

Corsair af140 rear fan

Nzxt h440

Corsair vengenance ddr3 1600 16GB (when it was $80 years ago)

Evga 600w bronze psu

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming OC'd +140 Core +350 Memory clocks

Sound Blaster Z 5.1 sound card

And it has 4 hdd's, but soon to get an Intel ssd and 1 wd green 3 tb storage drive.  I'll be removing 3 of the current drives and keeping only my 1tb wd blue.

Logitech G710+

Logitech Proteus Core mouse

Turtle Beach X12's

Logitech X540 5.1 surround sound speakers

and to top it off I have a Samsung 27" 1ms LCD, which is broken atm /:

This has been so much fun to build and tinker with, huge thanks goes to @AngusBeef for his help and suggestions.  I did sort of copy him, but I loved the h440 before I knew he had it, and most of my other parts were based off his suggestions.  The man knows his stuff!

pc1.jpg pc2.jpg

Edited by Exotic, November 15, 2015.

Mdude™

Mdude™
  • Kherune was here

• 1,412 posts

That's a sweet looking build man.

I'm particular fond of the SLI 760's, but I'd rather have a 780 Ti. ;p

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

I tried to find a 780 for a while before the 760's.  For what I got them for I could not pass them up.  The day prior I picked up a gtx 660 and sold it righy away when i saw the deal.  Guy was hard up for cash, so $220 for both cards, in pristine boxes, sli bridge, and everything.  I thought it was to good to be true lol.

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

Here is what it looked like before the Nzxt case.  I was running an Asus 970 board and amd  965 black series @ 3.8 ghz on air with an ancient 8800 gts 512mb card.

Attached Images

• 20150319_172116.jpg

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,433 posts

I tried to find a 780 for a while before the 760's. For what I got them for I could not pass them up. The day prior I picked up a gtx 660 and sold it righy away when i saw the deal. Guy was hard up for cash, so $220 for both cards, in pristine boxes, sli bridge, and everything. I thought it was to good to be true lol.

Sweet set up and what a score on the video cards!

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

Thanks @CapN.

Al Hoff

Al Hoff

• Forum Member
  • You ain't got no legs Lieutenant Dan!

• 1,771 posts

I've read some "meh" things about intel SSDs when I was researching benchmarks and stuff. I'm not sure if they still do, but intel SSD stop working after a certain amount of data is written to them, because they are programmed to do that. Yes there are good reasons why it stops (or should really) but you could always push a little life past its prime. Anyways do your research, I don't want to tell you not to get it, but just share an experience I experienced from reading.

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

Hey, sharing knowledge is never a bad thing!  I've been checking out Linus tech tips a lot, and they seem to love Intel drives, but the Samsung 850's don't seem bad either.

I'd like an Intel to match my rig a little, the white drives I've seen I think are 530 series?  

Either way I have a little while to browse and see what's coming.  I'm going for 400+gb with 4 more tb of storage from 2 other HD's.

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Looking good man. Lots of room to work with in there now.

I've read some "meh" things about intel SSDs when I was researching benchmarks and stuff. I'm not sure if they still do, but intel SSD stop working after a certain amount of data is written to them, because they are programmed to do that. Yes there are good reasons why it stops (or should really) but you could always push a little life past its prime. Anyways do your research, I don't want to tell you not to get it, but just share an experience I experienced from reading.

I'm not sure where you read that, but I think I can vouch in their favor in this case. My primary HDD consists of two Intel 520's in RAID0 and has for quite some time. Have had nothing but perfect write/reads and haven't had a single issue with them. 

That isn't to say that you aren't correct, but so far so good. 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Looking good man. Lots of room to work with in there now.

I'm not sure where you read that, but I think I can vouch in their favor in this case. My primary HDD consists of two Intel 520's in RAID0 and has for quite some time. Have had nothing but perfect write/reads and haven't had a single issue with them. 

That isn't to say that you aren't correct, but so far so good. 

I am currently using two Intel 520's SSD's in raid, handme downs from P-Ron. Still working amazing! 

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

As much as I want the sexy white Intel drives the value on the 850 is better.  So probably 2 500gb and 2 2tb wd black drives.

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

Sold my 760's and added a G1 Gaming 970!  Also tossed in my Sound Blaster Z to see if the stupid buzzing is gone.

Attached Images

• 20151114_2022191.jpg

Exotic

Exotic
  • Forum Member
  • The Albino One

• 500 posts

They were not kidding, it does OC very well!

Attached Files

Edited by Exotic, November 15, 2015.

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Nice man! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users