Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

GSN Minecraft Change Log

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

This thread is for the changes made to the GSN Minecraft Server!

2015.4.3 - Removed PEX Addon for permissions. Removed limits on home sets

2015.4.4 - Updated from Direwolf20 v1.1.1 to v1.2.1. 

More information:

Spoiler

2015.4.12 - Moved server over to VDS. Previously, we were being hosted on a managed box that limited control. This changes allows for more control over the backend, and hopefully significantly less lag. IP address did change, but DNS was updated to reflect. All work was saved and copied, but any comp requests should be forwarded over to the Admin team.

2015.4.20 - Completed the install and configuration of Log Block. This writes all block breaks, block places, kills, etc in a SQL database that we can use to reference in game any changes that occur from this point on.  This allows us to be more lenient on the parameters of who is allowed on the server.  I will be reaching out to those who have contact me with interest, but were not GSN members who would like to be whitelisted over the next day or two.

2015.5.1 - Installed Core Protect, as Log Block would not function with SQLite, which is a lighter database application, allowing us to give more RAM to the server.

2015.5.2 - Updated to Infinity 1.4.1. Have tested and was successful with block logging. Added public whitelist application process on forums. Updated walkthrough to reflect new server version.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Keep up the good work.

Just to note for those that are reading, we are looking at getting this onto an even better server that will give us even more control. Keep your eyes peeled for that. 

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,408 posts

Nice Gurthyy!

sneakyeskimos

sneakyeskimos
  • Inactive
  • 155 posts

big thanks to @Gurthyy for keeping this going! its awesome guys if your not playing or not sure about mc atleast give it a try!

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts

That's why I coudln't get on last night :P

Good looks guys!

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

We've moved over to the VDS!

Things seem to be running good, any any comp requests should be sent over to an admin.

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Good Work Gurthyy

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts
By an admin, he means himself.... :)

@Gurthyy

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Log block has been installed. We should be able to start adding non-GSN members to the whitelist shortly. Going to check tonight and make sure everything is logging correctly!

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

IMPORTANT: We will be removing Mystcraft. As that was the only thing holding us back from 1.4.1, we will also be updating to that. I'm not sure what will happen with removing mystcraft in regards to items in the world, but we should hopefully not need to restart the map. Will keep this up to date with what we do

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Log block has been installed. We should be able to start adding non-GSN members to the whitelist shortly. Going to check tonight and make sure everything is logging correctly!

How did the tests go? 

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

Updated OP. Whitelist is now open. Please go apply!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users