Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

End Dragon Reset?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Poll: End Dragon Reset? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you want the End Dragon to be reset on a timed interval?

1. Yes (12 votes [92.31%])

Percentage of vote: 92.31%

2. No (1 votes [7.69%])

Percentage of vote: 7.69%

If we do reset, how often?

1. Once a day (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

2. Twice a day (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

3. Every 3 hours (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Other (*Please comment below*) (3 votes [23.08%])

Percentage of vote: 23.08%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

So the End Dragon has been killed on the FTB server.  With that said, I think I have found a way to regenerate the end on an timed basis, so that if the End Dragon gets killed, you can simply wait a while and kill it again.  In the past, we had it every 3 hours or so, but that seems a little much.  I'm thinking we reset twice a day (at 6 am/pm server time - central) so that everyone has a chance to kill the Dragon and get the massive cumshot of exp straight up your nose.

Please vote! I'm gonna leave it up for a few days, once we kinda have a clear winner, I'll make it happen.

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

if you want, I can write something up to just respawn the dragon after the configured time.

Koda

Koda

• Forum Member
  • Ready for some science?

• 2,136 posts

Kill ALL the dragons!

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts
Twice a day seems reasonable

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

I think the ender dragon should remain a "sacred" thing and the reset should be MUCH greater. OTherwise we will have people that have 204054820345678249465782934562 eggs in like a months time (I dont think the math checks out on that). 

I thought it should be at LEAST once per week, if not longer. My .02

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

I think the ender dragon should remain a "sacred" thing and the reset should be MUCH greater. OTherwise we will have people that have 204054820345678249465782934562 eggs in like a months time (I dont think the math checks out on that). 

I thought it should be at LEAST once per week, if not longer. My .02

unless you don't ever restart the server (which is perfectly fine) there is no time-worthy way of doing that, other than manually.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

unless you don't ever restart the server (which is perfectly fine) there is no time-worthy way of doing that, other than manually.

You of all people know that with the right logic and leveraging the API and clever ways, you can do just about anything in Minecraft. You have a plugin that stores the time of the ender dragons demise in a cfg file, wait for (NOW() - %that time%) to be greater than X, boom. 

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

You of all people know that with the right logic and leveraging the API and clever ways, you can do just about anything in Minecraft. You have a plugin that stores the time of the ender dragons demise in a cfg file, wait for (NOW() - %that time%) to be greater than X, boom. 

that's what I sort of did with the plugin I just did for him, except it starts the task on when someone kills it.

DarkerBlitz

DarkerBlitz

• Forum Member
  • 1,114 posts
Twice a day sounds perfect. We should have it so he has 2x health at night ;)

NINcorp

NINcorp
  • 561 posts

Will we lose the whole end each time or will the dragon just spawn new each time?

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

Will we lose the whole end each time or will the dragon just spawn new each time?

As of now, it will spawn new. it can be modified, such as more health, deals more damage, flying faster. 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

As of now, it will spawn new. it can be modified, such as more health, deals more damage, flying faster.

I think he means the land in the end. Will the land and things in our reset as well

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

I think he means the land in the end. Will the land and things in our reset as well

no, the ender crystals do reset also though, that is the only "land" in the end that is altered (as of now). 

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

Once a week?

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

That's how it seems. I'm gonna try and work with @Baconator this week to see if we can get that be a thing. If not, I have no problems manually resetting the world/manually spawning in the dragon until we get that working. :)

Baconator

Baconator
  • Forum Member
  • Osu God.

• 284 posts

That's how it seems. I'm gonna try and work with @Baconator this week to see if we can get that be a thing. If not, I have no problems manually resetting the world/manually spawning in the dragon until we get that working. :)

I can do that. I'll make it go by hours in the config and you config it to a week worth of hours. (168 i think?)

EDIT: Think it's done, in bugtesting now. when you're online next i'll get it to you.

Edited by Baconator, March 30, 2015.

Gurthyy

Gurthyy
  • Forum Member
  • 1,014 posts

I can do that. I'll make it go by hours in the config and you config it to a week worth of hours. (168 i think?)

EDIT: Think it's done, in bugtesting now. when you're online next i'll get it to you.

Add me on Steam, @Baconator. I'm online now for a few hours before bed. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users