Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Space Engineers Server Change Request

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

I've really been wanting to play some Space Engineers with people, but our server doesn't take advantage of the procedural generation that came out in a recent update, at least when I last talked to Paronity about it. As far as I know, it isn't a huge increase in resource usage to run it with procedural generation, but it adds stuff like decrepit space stations or derelict ships for you to find, on top of the cargo ships we currently have spawn. I was wondering if maybe we could switch the world over to a procedural generation world, if it isn't already set up like that. Haven't actually been on recently to check.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Put it on the list to get upgraded when we push out our new hardware. We will have more than the capacity it requires at that point. Go bump that thread with that request if you could. I'll make a todo list on there. :)

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

You da best <3

HacksawJack

HacksawJack

• Banned
  • Banned

• 2,556 posts

I support this!

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Is that going to require a new world? 

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

Yeah, but if people want their creations transferred to the new world you can save them as blueprints or something and put them into the new world.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

I wouldn't be opposed to just wiping it because I have more than enough to worry about with it already. 

@emttim @Bill @JollyGG 

Who else am I missing? Please add anyone that needs to see this. 

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

You can wipe my stuff, been so long since I was on there I wouldn't mind lol. Might just come back and play some to get me off this Robocraft kick I've been on lol

emttim

emttim

• Retired
  • 2,057 posts

Yeah, same here. I had something going, but its been so long, might as well start over on a new bay lol

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

And I think @Bill raged from it after accidentally crashing a large ship into Tim's and Paronity's space station xD

Muuvie

Muuvie

• Forum Member
  • I Like Turtles

• 1,323 posts
No fucks given

emttim

emttim

• Retired
  • 2,057 posts

And I think @Bill raged from it after accidentally crashing a large ship into Tim's and Paronity's space station xD

If @Bill has been on the server, all my work is gone anyway. 

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

"accident"

a sudden event (such as a crash) that is not planned or intended and that causes damage or injury

Yeah... no accident with @Bill. 

When I get on the server, setting my turrets to engage only when @Bill gets near :P

JollyGG

JollyGG

• 1,576 posts

When I get on the server, setting my turrets to engage only when @Bill gets near :P

LOL!!!!

So, any word on this yet Paronity? Been tryin to keep my SE updated so I can play (which is fun seeing as it updates seemingly everyday...)

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

LOL!!!!

So, any word on this yet Paronity? Been tryin to keep my SE updated so I can play (which is fun seeing as it updates seemingly everyday...)

Been waiting on the new hardware. Should be in the next day or two. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users