Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

New rules

20 replies to this topic

STRiCKS

STRiCKS
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 383 posts
  • A gangs are to be treated as one entity by both police, civilian and rebel factions. (i.e. If a terror threat is produced by one member of the gang, all gang members currently online are to be considered under the the terror threat; if one member of a gang begins RP with another member of gang, all online gang members of both gangs have entered into RP.

All gang members need to wear tangs to show affiliation. 

Ifrit, .50 cal, and any camo colored vehicle

Digi camo skin for Orca and Little bird needs to be moved out of donor shop and placed into rebel outpost.

@Paronity, I posted this in our rule committee thread but it said you had left.

Ghost

Ghost
  • Forum Member
  • Im the REAL GHOST!

• 651 posts

so if 1 op4 member sends a terror threat in i dont need to send anything and im just able to shoot them??

Mdude™

Mdude™
  • Kherune was here

• 1,412 posts

Yes, @Ghost. If one person sends a terror threat, the entire gang is assumed to be part of the same terror threat. This means that one person can make demands for the entire gang. This also means that if someone who doesn't want to be part of the terror threat is in the area that the gang is making a threat on, they should leave. 

As for the OP, I agree that digi camo skins for the Orca and Hummingbird should no longer be available from civilian shops. Wearing tags should also be mandatory for this... Say there's two people. [OP4] xx and yy. They're both part of OP4 but only one of them is wearing tags... OP4 declares a terror threat on Kavala. yy kills a cop, and the cop is unaware that yy is part of OP4.

I know that OP4 wears tags every time they're in game but this is not true for every gang that exists in the server. I use my GSN Event Staff gang as a makeshift gang for a lot of things whenever I just wanna invite a few friends for a bit without having to disband/create a new gang just for a name change. I don't wear [Event] in front of my name every time I'm online...

STRiCKS

STRiCKS
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 383 posts

I am more worried about when you are robbing someone out in bum fuck Egypt and the guy has 4-5 other dudes with him in the "same gang" but are not wearing tags how are you supposed to know they are together? They can open fire on you because they've been told I am getting robbed by so and so and the robber gets boned really.  

Maybe we can add something into the script when creating a gang it also asks for a prefit of the gang, 3 or 4 letters and that gets added to the beginning or end of their name? idk if we can do this.. Just an idea.

Mdude™

Mdude™
  • Kherune was here

• 1,412 posts

I am more worried about when you are robbing someone out in bum fuck Egypt and the guy has 4-5 other dudes with him in the "same gang" but are not wearing tags how are you supposed to know they are together? They can open fire on you because they've been told I am getting robbed by so and so and the robber gets boned really.  

That opens up more RP scenarios in my opinion. You have to worry whether or not this person robbing you actually has someone sitting up on the hill waiting to snipe you. Your argument makes sense and this is going to be hard to enforce, I agree.

If you report the guy on the hill for RDM, the person on the hill would be forced to come forth with evidence proving that they are in fact in the same gang as the person that was robbing you. At least, that's how it is with the rules right now anyway.

EDIT: Maybe there should be an amendment that it's not RDM if the person RPing a robbery with you indicates that there's someone on the hill ready to kill you. Either that, or enforce tags.

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts
I like the idea @ STRiCKS , but I highly doubt it's possible to add that to the tilde feature. I think it will be required that the members of said gang physically change their Arma profile name to include it, similar to OP4 and GPD.

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,661 posts

Why would Digi camo need to be moved? it isnt illegal right now.

Dominic

Dominic
  • Forum Member
  • 863 posts

Why would Digi camo need to be moved? it isnt illegal right now.

According to the new rules it is.  We don't know if it's a misconception, or if Digi helicopters (Orca & Hummingbird) that are bought at Donator are actually illegal.

Ifrit, .50 cal, and any camo colored vehicle

Kherune

Kherune

• Just Rune'd the whole thing

• 1,661 posts

According to the new rules it is. We don't know if it's a misconception, or if Digi helicopters (Orca & Hummingbird) that are bought at Donator are actually illegal.

Ah I missed that little part. Cool carry on.

STRiCKS

STRiCKS
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 383 posts
Call camo skins are illegal exp tempest.

Mdude™

Mdude™
  • Kherune was here

• 1,412 posts

Call camo skins are illegal exp tempest.

I didn't even realize... so is the tempest device illegal now? :/

STRiCKS

STRiCKS
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 383 posts
No

General187

General187

• Forum Member
  • Community Lurker

• 1,409 posts
Who enforces the gang tag rule? OP4 has recently been fighting with a gang full of people that play under multiple aliases, as well as not wearing gang tags.

This has become an issue in my opinion, especially when the opposite gang has 7+ people on fighting us. We literally have no idea who the enemy is, nor do they identify themselves during the conflict. We usually just piece names together, almost like a rough list.

Thoughts? Can we make it mandatory for gangs to wear [OP4 Corporal], [STB], [GPD AH] ext?

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Who enforces the gang tag rule? OP4 has recently been fighting with a gang full of people that play under multiple aliases, as well as not wearing gang tags.

This has become an issue in my opinion, especially when the opposite gang has 7+ people on fighting us. We literally have no idea who the enemy is, nor do they identify themselves during the conflict. We usually just piece names together, almost like a rough list.

Thoughts? Can we make it mandatory for gangs to wear [OP4 Corporal], [STB], [GPD AH] ext?

Do people have clan tags floating over themselves in real life that let people know which gang someone rides with? Is it abundantly obvious when someone "rolls" with a certain gang? Not always. 

I am sympathetic to your plight, however, it doesn't make a lot of sense to make it TOO obvious IMO. 

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Do people have clan tags floating over themselves in real life that let people know which gang someone rides with? Is it abundantly obvious when someone "rolls" with a certain gang? Not always.

I am sympathetic to your plight, however, it doesn't make a lot of sense to make it TOO obvious IMO.

I lived in Atlanta, it was easy for me to distinguish the crips from the MS 13. Crips had blue bandanas and MS-13 has gang tats visable. Of course these were the bigger more well known gangs, and I can't go to zone 1 through 6 and tell you the relation of every gang member... but shit even the cops there could tell, can't really do nothing but yeah.

Fish_Tacos

Fish_Tacos

• Forum Member
  • 862 posts

They don't have gang tags floating over their heads in IRL, nor their regular names. Yet we allow ourselves to identify each other by the names above peoples head. I personally don't like it but thats how it is. If we are going to treat gangs as single entity such as the police are then there needs to be some identifier. 

General187

General187

• Forum Member
  • Community Lurker

• 1,409 posts

I see what you're saying, and thanks for the input.

I also like what @Preacher said.. If you dont know, I'm a housing authority officer. Back before I moved to Las Vegas, I was working in areas like Hunters Point (San Francisco), or East Oakland, my partners and I knew all of the major gangs in the area, and how to identify them. Of coarse their were smaller gangs or sub-sets (clicks), but all of the major gangs we knew how to identify them very quickly.

Most gangs it was based on territory or city street block. Area + clothing / tattoos were the easiest way to usually identify what gang they belonged to.

All I'm saying is, it would be nice if gangs were mandated or encouraged to tag up on their names. This not only makes if fair for both gangs, and provides a level playing ground for attacks and area control. But, this also reduces the chances of civilians that are not I volved being killed in the crossfire.

I can remember several times in the past where we would be fighting a gang somewhere that wasn't tagged up. In this specific scenaio we had active shots fired back and forth between gangs. I rounded a corner and saw an armed man sitting in the corner of a cement wall hiding, I literally had to make a split second decision to shoot or don't shoot. I ended up shooting and killing the guy. It turned out that it was just a civilian that was scared because of the automatic gunfire in the very close vacinity. Had the gang we were up against been tagged up, I would of known that the civ wasn't involved. I would have them offered refuge and safety to the civ. I eneded up personally comping the civilian out of pocket as an apology.

McAllen

McAllen
  • Forum Member
  • 99 posts
While I acknowledge that it isn't 100% realistic to know who everyone is, I agree with General and Preacher. In a real life bullets fly and criminals let god sort out the aftermath. On the server, this would get you kicked for RDM. If we are forced to PID targets before engaging, then the targets should be easy to identify. As I said in the mask thread, the only people who would want to hide their identity are trolls and cowards looking to game the rules. If I had my way everyone would be forced to wear XMLs or uniforms so you could see who they were from 400m away. Cops, OP4, EMS, TI and other legitimate organizations all have uniforms and tags to make their members easily distinguishable.

LoneWolf

LoneWolf

• Forum Member
  • 1,237 posts
Tags simulate "colors" of gangs. I like the idea, cops wear tags to specifically identify themselves to the server.

Guest_Tarik Khan_*

Guest_Tarik Khan_*
  • Guests
Mcallen i see where you are coming from with distinguished uniforms. I think that should be something that is used for those gangs affiliated with gsn that gsn recoginzes like OP4. You obviously cant do that for every gang that is made but maybe if there was an application system for gangs that GSN recognizes?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users