Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

The Ultimate Guide to Removing Spyware/Malware

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

Counter Terrorist

Counter Terrorist
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 100 posts
Thank you so much now I can get rid of all my malware and finally have a PC that isn't slower than a tortoise.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Thank you so much now I can get rid of all my malware and finally have a PC that isn't slower than a tortoise.

If these steps are followed, I guarantee your machine will get cleaned up!

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

Unfortunately with windows 8, you have to be in the OS already to sTart in safe mode. Shift click on 'restart' and hold shift until the 'restarting' splash screen does away. The click 'troubleshoot', 'advanced options' and the. 'Windows startup settings'. Click restart again and then choose safe mode of choice

Not entirely true. Shift+F8 will still give you the startup options that we are all familiar with..

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Not entirely true. Shift+F8 will still give you the startup options that we are all familiar with..

WHAT? You meaning holding shift f8 while booting?

Counter Terrorist

Counter Terrorist
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 100 posts
Well after deleting all the disgusting shitty viruses and web browser adware my PC is free! TY Nackers I will keep my virus USB exterminator and help others with it!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Well after deleting all the disgusting shitty viruses and web browser adware my PC is free! TY Nackers I will keep my virus USB exterminator and help others with it!

Glad it worked!

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• Do as I say, not as I do.

• 1,191 posts

im finally going to see this in action my cousin has over 100 instances of malware on his computer (according to a malwarebytes scan in normal windows boot) thanks for posting these i sent them over his way and this is going to save us a ton of time cleaning his pc. sadly though thats just the beginning of his problems it seems like he has a bad cooler too but at least we can fix this.

thanks Nackers for posting these  :D

Edited by SpaceCoder, December 17, 2014.

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• 1,191 posts

wish i could give more than just a +1 this cleaned my cousins computer in about 1hr :D thank you so much Nackers you saved us so much time :D :D now next thing to do if fix his cooler :/ baby steps, baby steps lol

thanks so much again

Space

MrOutlaw

MrOutlaw

• Forum Member
  • Majestic As Fuck

• 656 posts

Interesting I've not heard of some of these programs

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Here is a step by step video! 

Wags

Wags

• Forum Member
  • 740 posts

Here is a step by step video! 

Move over Linus Tech Tips,  NACKERS = PRO

Paronity

Paronity

• Retired
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

0E135.gif

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,761 posts

f623566bf41112d756dfded88fda2f2b.gif

WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer

• Inactive
  • 1,812 posts
God I love those gifs

Special Ed

Special Ed

• Retired
  • Overworked & Underpayed

• 1,127 posts

Thanks man! I finally had time to use some of these tools. They worked great. I gained 12GB of space between all of my drives.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

cool man! i need to put these on a flashdrive so i can take it to my grandparents house and clean their pc. they tend to download a lot of malware thinking its good software :/ lol

Thanks again man

i love you

Thanks Nackers,

That looks like a lot of stuff to download... My moms computer takes over 2 minutes to open Firefox so I think she's hopeless.

I assume a small thumb drive (15 GB) will fit all these files?

Oh and replace midgets with some sketchy barely legal shit and that story is true. Except my grandfather kinda bribed me with not saying anything either though lol.

Excellent guide... thanks for putting it together Nackers!

Nice work Nackers. I have thought about putting something like this together for awhile, but my sheer laziness, bad attitute, work schedule have prevented me from doing it lol.

I've been working on a re-direct hi-jack for google search engine for about a week now, and I think I finally got it. Those are definetly a pain in the ass. 

For those of you needing help with getting into safe mode with Windows 8 and 8.1 this link helps.

http://www.7tutorial...ws-8-windows-81

Thanks man, good stuff I am a grandpa and the family tech guy for family and my senior citizan friends.

Ccleaner and malwarebytes are  two favorites. But teamviewer is a big help for me with family computer problems as it save me travel time and gas.

I have added your recommended  programs to my flash drive.

I still remember that cool video you made on clonezilla, another great free program which I still use.

Keep up the good work. @Nackers

Interesting I've not heard of some of these programs

If and only if you found this guide and video helpful, would you guys do me a huge favor and leave some feedback on the page post or YouTube video? I would love to start generating some feedback on my guides for the new website. Thank you so much!

LInk to Post on Website

Link to Video

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• 1,191 posts

is anyone else having the problem of the link not working. It says for me file is moved or deleted.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

is anyone else having the problem of the link not working. It says for me file is moved or deleted.

try https://geekmatic.tv

SpaceCoder

SpaceCoder

• 1,191 posts

Oh I meant the Dropbox link sorry if was unclear

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,894 posts

Oh I meant the Dropbox link sorry if was unclear