Photo

If a Federal Reserve Hit begins...

7 replies to this topic

Bob

Bob

• Forum Member
  • 367 posts

legally with 5 GPD online at the time the Reserve Hit has commenced, the entire operation should(in my personal opinion) be allowed to be completed even if the number of GPD online drops below 5.

I've noticed that the script is set to not allow the safe to be opened unless there's exactly 5 on thus if a group of us were to go after it there is some grey area there as I've seen an attempt fail because the 5th GPD disconnected just before the safe was opened...

I'm not saying the GPDs gamed the system to not allow the safe to be opened as any number of things could have happened (computer crash, real life, etc...) but it would be frustrating to put in that kind of game time into it and be rewarded with nothing. 

Is that something that can be scripted? Perhaps tie it to the first door being broken in to. 

EDIT: I wasn't sure if this should go under rules discussion but I figured this could be a feature I chose to place it here. 

Machine Gun Preacher

Machine Gun Preacher
  • Forum Member
  • Yes, I know I post too much.

• 4,647 posts

Could script it to just require 5 GPD on to start the process and not complete it. 

Great Anomaly

Great Anomaly
  • Forum Member
  • 76 posts

Could script it to just require 5 GPD on to start the process and not complete it. 

I have so many YES's to give you on how much sense that makes!!!

Goove

Goove
  • Banned
  • Banned

• 417 posts

The one time i was going to Rob the Federal Reserve right as we started the door, the GPD logged off.  Then an Admin message came of course stating we were breaking rules.

I really think that needs to be changed to allowing the Federal Reserve robbery to continue.....thats just Gaming the System..I will say it...i dont care <3

Shouldnt matter the number if you have already started.  Just cause one runs away does not mean we should have to stop.

• Bob likes this

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,889 posts

This is more of a dsicussion of how it should work, then it can become a feature request. I'm going to move this over to discussions to see how this should be handled and we can make another one for a feature once that is discussed. 

Dominic

Dominic
  • Forum Member
  • 863 posts

To me it really makes sense that if you are breaking down the first door of the Federal Reserve when they're 5 GPD online that you should be able to crack open the vault.

The problem I see with this is that the civilians greatly out weigh the GPD.  Yes, it's very obvious that the NLR rules on GPD allow them to return to the scene, if they're called in as backup.  They still have to gear up and spend at least $80,000+ to gear up.  With the gangs on the Eastern side of the map allying up and having numbers into the double digits this would make it nearly impossible for 4, or less, GPD to stop them.  Resulting in the rebels getting away with tens of millions of dollars in gold bars.

Not to mention... This feature you're requesting could be super easily abused.  Say it's about 10:00PM CST, but you know the server just reset so you have a nice 5 hours to play.  You see 5 GPD are online, so you start breaking into the first door.  You break down the first door so now the vault can be broken into even though less than 5 GPD are online.  You wait on the GPD to start logging off, and now start robbing it when only two are online (figuratively speaking).  Thus making it impossible for them to defend and you walk away with millions.

Well now you're saying to yourself.. "Well don't have that 5th GPD log-off."  Well, sometimes people do have to go, and they cannot stay online 24/7 like myself.

Dalton

Dalton
  • Forum Member
  • 120 posts

@Dominic

I think that's an easy fix, it can just be scripted so that if the gpd drops below 5 you have x minutes to finish the robbery. If you don't finish in that amount of time than you would receive the same message telling you there aren't enough gpd online. I would think something like 30 or 45 min would be plenty of time for a legitimate robbery to be completed.

wilson

wilson
  • Forum Member
  • 49 posts

@Dominic

I think that's an easy fix, it can just be scripted so that if the gpd drops below 5 you have x minutes to finish the robbery. If you don't finish in that amount of time than you would receive the same message telling you there aren't enough gpd online. I would think something like 30 or 45 min would be plenty of time for a legitimate robbery to be completed.

BOOM!!!! theres a solution to an issue with a legitimate middle ground to agree on. The way i see it if you start the robbery with the 5 GPD and one logs off it could very easily be seen as combat logging, BUT if we set a time limit I.E. an hour that seems like a legit middle ground that would be difficult to abuse by either party, thus balancing it out.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users