Photo

What do you do? (Jobs Post)

what do you do jobs careers

• Please log in to reply
166 replies to this topic

Sonder13

Sonder13
  • 10 posts

I'm a lighting designer in the Music industry. I came up in the hip hop world working for Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, Common, and such. From there I jumped into EDM working with ODESZA, Bonobo, Big Gigantic, Pretty Lights, and Bassnectar. Now I'm in the pop world working exclusively for Jason Derulo. I've also been involved with a ton of other one off projects around the world. 

timoflegends

timoflegends
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

That's sweet. I envy that - my end goal is to be in design in some way.

I work in their dedicated QA studio.

Oh nice, a lot of QA's move to level design or become a Producer honestly i envy the opportunities that come from that position. It's probably one of the most important and least appreciated jobs in game design.

skus

skus
  • Forum Member
  • 6 posts
-

Edited by skus, March 09, 2017.

timoflegends

timoflegends
  • Forum Member
  • 13 posts

nice man, if you have any questions a long the way please let me know. I know my brother is always open to give advice/answer questions for anyone who may be looking to go further in the industry.

kr239

kr239
  • Forum Member
  • 4 posts

Well, i'm an Apple Certified Systems Professional (I have an expensive certificate and everything!) - so usually i'm solving peoples shit remotely, occasionally on-site in interesting places that need me to sign the official secrets act followed by armed guards, but mostly deskbound. I got promoted to Systems Department Head in January 2017. 

I like my boss, my co-workers are chill, and we usually game together in Overwatch. 

SaltySam

SaltySam

• Staff
  • Chief Executive Salt Bringer

• 2,799 posts

Seeing as it's been a while since I last posted in here, I figured I would update this with the new job.

I'm still working at the power plant going on my 9th year there but have recently(last July) got promoted to control room supervisor. It's still shift work a.k.a. still working nights, weekends, and holidays throughout the year. However, instead of running around the plant all hours of the day and night in terrible conditions, I am confined to one of two control rooms(Coal units or Natural Gas units) and I get to be the one to tell the plant operators what needs to be done. 

It's a job that continues to teach me the ins and outs of the plant but instead of sweating my nutsack off everyday, I can just walk over and turn down the thermostat. 

When someone asks what I do, I tell them I do Homer Simpson's job. And that's about what it boils down to. 

MistRFistR

MistRFistR

• Forum Member
  • God at Games

• 42 posts

I currently work at Wawa, Inc. as a Fuel Associate (because you can't pump your own gas here in New Jersey..LOL). But I am in the works of getting into becoming an EMT. But, hopefully getting a job at Alert Ambulance or in a local township for EMS. 

I have also been  doing Volunteer EMS for my local township as a give back to my community. I am hoping for big things in 2018.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users