Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Naaackers Virtual Computer Tour

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Nackers, we need to talk, Ill be updating my rig and wouldnt mind a little input.

Also, What Quality are most of your Movies and TV Shows? 1080? 720?

I'll be happy to offer any input I can!

And I'd say the majority are 1080p. Up until about 2 years ago, I would only download 1080p versions of the movies that had really good cinematography and would enhance the experience (because 1080p rips were usually 4-8gb, and blue rays being larger) But since finding an uploader who crams 1080p into 1.5gb files, i've been getting all 1080p for the last few years. 

Ronduth

Ronduth
  • Forum Member
  • Stubborn Prick

• 1,600 posts

Thanks! And I've actually had those amazon LED strip power supplies catch fire, so I don't use those anymore lol. There are some LED strips that actually sync up with my Phillips hue that I want to try out. 

Can you describe to me why by chance? 

Did they short out?

Did they get hot?

I've actually left these on accidently a couple times lol 

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Can you describe to me why by chance? 

Did they short out?

Did they get hot?

I've actually left these on accidently a couple times lol 

The first one, the power supply cord sparked and caught fire. I plugged it in, turned it on via the remote and then I smelled burning. Looked over that there was a tiny campfire and I stomped that shit out. Second one, the power supply bring was super super hot, and the same thing happened.

In my experience, it's an issue with the horrible cabling and power supply bricks, not the actual LED strips themselves. 

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts

Well, there are three separate lighting aspects in those photos. The first is obviously the lamps up on the shelf - which I'd assume is self explanatory. The second lighting node is Phillips Hue Starter Kit. The hub hooks up to your router and you download an app on your phone. Then when you screw in the light bulbs, your hub creates a bridge so that you can control the lighting from you phone. The app the Phillips makes is awesome, but there are third-party apps like Hue Party and Hue Disco that really make this set amazing. It's a new product, so they are constantly updating the app and adding new products. Earlier this year they released LED strips that can be bridged to your hub as well, and recently released a wall mounting switch to change light modes so you don't have to go into your phone every time.

The last lighting feature is my actual case. It's called NZXT Hue. It's a 5.25 bay controller that sits in your case, and it comes with a 6-foot LED strip that has adhesive on the back. I routed the LED strip out the back of my case through the water cooling grommits, and lined the bottom and back of my case with the LED's. You can control the modes and lights from the front of you case whenever you want.

I forgot there is one more. For the inside of the case, I'm using Corsair Commander Mini and a Corsair Lighting Node for lighting. It comes with a tiny controller with buttons that you can mount. The controller has tiny buttons you can press to change colors. You can get these on the corsair site. However, I would recommend the NZXT hue over the Corsair Link all day.

I have to day I feel silly for asking; but the "lamps up on the shelf" - how are they different colors?

Edit: I'm stupid, I reread the thread. So you simply screw in the LED lightbulbs into said lamps and bazinga? Genius.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

I have to day I feel silly for asking; but the "lamps up on the shelf" - how are they different colors?

Edit: I'm stupid, I reread the thread. So you simply screw in the LED lightbulbs into said lamps and bazinga? Genius.

Yup! Each individual lightbulb had a micro controller that talks to the main hub, so they can be whatever color you want!

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts

Yup! Each individual lightbulb had a micro controller that talks to the main hub, so they can be whatever color you want!

Okay, just ordered the Phillips Hue :P

So the only other big thing you've got is the NZXT Hue that controls within the case?

Also, (and this is the last question I promise!) Do you happen to know what LED light strip is compatible with the same equipment as the Phillips Hue?

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Okay, just ordered the Phillips Hue :P

So the only other big thing you've got is the NZXT Hue that controls within the case?

Also, (and this is the last question I promise!) Do you happen to know what LED light strip is compatible with the same equipment as the Phillips Hue?

I don't mind the questions! And yup, the NZXT is the other light source in the lower corner. 

Here is an Amazon Link for the LED strip, and here is an Apple Store Link for them as well. 

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts

I don't mind the questions! And yup, the NZXT is the other light source in the lower corner.

Here is an Amazon Link for the LED strip, and here is an Apple Store Link for them as well.

Welp, I got a new lighting system on the way!

And there goes my paycheck. Thanks a lot, Nackers. :P

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Welp, I got a new lighting system on the way!

And there goes my paycheck. Thanks a lot, Nackers. :P

You're going to see your money pour out of lamps for all of eternity. You're going to love them!

paladinZero

paladinZero

• Staff
  • Mad Cause Bad

• 1,177 posts

Very nice! Love the lighting and that case.  

Just not that creepy clown! Freaks me out man!

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Very nice! Love the lighting and that case.  

Just not that creepy clown! Freaks me out man!

Thanks paladin!

Chancey_19

Chancey_19

• Useful idiot

• 583 posts

How much did all this cost!?

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

How much did all this cost!?

I'd say about $1600 with shipping costs from 3 separate manufacturers/retailers. 

Chancey_19

Chancey_19

• Useful idiot

• 583 posts

I'd say about $1600 with shipping costs from 3 separate manufacturers/retailers. 

JESUS BALLS.

TheGoats267

TheGoats267
  • Banned
  • Always Here

• 1,958 posts

For everything or just lighting?

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

For everything or just lighting?

Just PC Parts plus + Corsair Lighting Node + NZXT Hue. the $1600 does NOT include the Phillips Hue. I got that for my birthday :)

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Update newest pictures with new monitors and all my goodies!

Barddy

Barddy
  • Forum Member
  • The Original Ninja Taco~!

• 739 posts

WOW~!

CapN

CapN

• Retired
  • Shipshape and Shipfaced!

• 2,444 posts

Pretty Epic setup I'm jealous : )