Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Protect Yourself, Use a Password Manager and 2-Step Verification

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Naaackers

Naaackers

• Staff
  • OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,896 posts

I currently use LastPass and I love it because I just have to log into in on any computer on chrome directly.  How does that compare to Dashlane?  Is Dashlane software for the computer? 

Is one better over the other or did you just use Dashlane first?

As an aside, I also have 1Password on my phone (got it once on sale), and it's amazing for when you are not at your own computer or when you need to save password for things not on the internet, like game launchers or steam (works good for membership # and info too).  I use LastPass to generate a password, then I enter everything into 1Password on my phone for safe keeping.  I know there is a PC/mac version of 1Password, but I didn't want to spend that much money.

Dashlane is software that is installed onto your computer, as well as an extension for all the web browsers. 

I've only used Dashlane. Before I made my decision I looked at some videos on how the software worked and I just liked Dashlane better. Additionally, I believe 1Password's mobile platform wasn't as stable as it is now. 

Merkopotamus

Merkopotamus
  • Forum Member
  • Cholo Potatomus

• 291 posts
Is "nick3lbacklov3r" a good password?

If not I'm fucked!!! lol

Aryanix

Aryanix

• 1,063 posts

I turned on the 2-step verification and it then I got annoyed because it didn't play nice with all my devices (phone, mac, etc).  So I ended up turning it off.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,763 posts

I turned on the 2-step verification and it then I got annoyed because it didn't play nice with all my devices (phone, mac, etc).  So I ended up turning it off.

Thats because you have to set app specific passwords for each device. It's actually a good idea.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users