Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Should GSN Return to BF4? What would you like to play?

gsn battlefield battlefield 4 server

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Poll: BF4 Game mode (51 member(s) have cast votes)

What BF4 game mode would you like to play (please pick two)

1. Conquest (43 votes [42.57%])

Percentage of vote: 42.57%

2. Rush (9 votes [8.91%])

Percentage of vote: 8.91%

3. Domination (23 votes [22.77%])

Percentage of vote: 22.77%

4. Obliteration (11 votes [10.89%])

Percentage of vote: 10.89%

5. Defuse (8 votes [7.92%])

Percentage of vote: 7.92%

6. Capture The Flag (7 votes [6.93%])

Percentage of vote: 6.93%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Thunder

Thunder
  • Staff
  • still watching you ...

• 7,657 posts

As mentioned yesterday during the member-meeting, we are thinking about returning to BF4.

By the experiences during the last two weeks (after the patch), it seems like BF4´s netcode problems are more or less solved on the smaller servers with smaller maps.

That´s why we want to try a 32 slot server (way easier to start and keep it full) with may be two rotating gamemodes.

Use the poll to vote on your favourite mode (multiple choice enabled, please pick two) !

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

They really screwed up Rush in this one. I've only played a few Rush games because none of the maps are really designed around it, and it boils down to whichever team has the most SSDs gets a huge head start.

Conquest is a great classic, tons of fun, so that has my vote.

Obliteration I haven't played much of since the game first came out. I know there used to be a lot of bugs associated with the gamemode, but I have no idea how it stands currently.

Domination is really fun and fast paced, close quarters combat. Most definitely has my second vote.

No opinion on defuse.

Don't get to play CTF cause I'm a plebeian.

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,769 posts

I could see a mix of Conquest, Domination and Defuse making for a good variety server. I also would love HC. :D

Mr Adam

Mr Adam
  • Inactive
  • 154 posts

Now I'm gonna have to buy BF4

M2THE49

M2THE49

• Retired
  • 5,408 posts
Conquest. Stats padding and camping

Wilsky

Wilsky
  • Inactive
  • 95 posts

Conquest and Domination. So excited! Been waiting for us to get our servers back :D

Aryanix

Aryanix

• 1,063 posts

I like conquest.  Not a huge fan of other modes.

Iceman

Iceman

• Retired
  • Ice Cream Anyone?

• 2,522 posts

I usually play conquest, but the sake of trying variations of the server to see what works would also willing the try the others.

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

I'm with Iceman. I only like Conquest but i'm open to whatever. I just want a GSN server again.  

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,769 posts

CQ + Domination mix could be something refreshing for GSN.

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

Was playing Domination with a couple of the guys the other day. A 32 player domination server would be a butt load of fun.

Edit: If we have domination on the server, we should not have commander slots. Commander simplifies Domination way too much.

Edited by Blargosaur, June 17, 2014.

Aryanix

Aryanix

• 1,063 posts

CQ + Domination mix could be something refreshing for GSN.

I'd be up for that, but if it's hard to fill instead of just ditching it I would recommend just going down to one game mode.  Sometimes that is why people don't stick around in servers.

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

I'd be up for that, but if it's hard to fill instead of just ditching it I would recommend just going down to one game mode.  Sometimes that is why people don't stick around in servers.

On the other hand, having both might bring more people. There are a lot of servers that only do one game mode, and not many that do multiple gamemodes in one place. Some people might prefer the variety.

Wags

Wags

• Forum Member
  • 740 posts
Hmmmm Battlefield 4....hmmm ok great, ANOTHER game to feed my addiction, I'm in. Let me get the game and play the different scenarios, then I shall vote. Last time I played, was Battlefield 1942! Although in all other games that offer "Capture the Flag" that is my favorite.

joey

joey
  • Forum Member
  • 779 posts

where was this post hiding , domination and conquest is plenty of fun.  just remember to put max ping to 300 or 250 :D

MiAtCh

MiAtCh

• Forum Member
  • 1,794 posts

Is there ANY WAY to get some Hardcore thrown into the mix for us HC aficionados??  The ONLY way to play is HC if you truly want to have some real fun lol.  No mini maps, no doritos hanging over your head giving you the opportunity to move around without being seen if you truly want to.  When you shoot someone in the head with a rifle, guess what?! they'll die, you won't have to unload two and a half clips into them from 30 feet away rofl.... also, they will not heal unless they're smart enough to carry around med packs and/or have dedicated medic who ALWAYS has one playing HC :-D.  just a suggestion, I love battlefield, but normal mode really isn't my style (i will play it, some, just to enjoy it with you guys/gals).  

Sincerely,

MiAtCh

Dilpickle1

Dilpickle1
  • Did I Stutter?

• 413 posts

Personally, I wouldn't stick around that often if it switched game modes. I recently tried them all and I definitely want to stick with conquest.

On the other hand, having both might bring more people. There are a lot of servers that only do one game mode, and not many that do multiple gamemodes in one place. Some people might prefer the variety.

I have a feeling bigger percentage of people are going to want to stick with one game mode. 

Is there ANY WAY to get some Hardcore thrown into the mix for us HC aficionados??  The ONLY way to play is HC if you truly want to have some real fun lol.  No mini maps, no doritos hanging over your head giving you the opportunity to move around without being seen if you truly want to.  When you shoot someone in the head with a rifle, guess what?! they'll die, you won't have to unload two and a half clips into them from 30 feet away rofl.... also, they will not heal unless they're smart enough to carry around med packs and/or have dedicated medic who ALWAYS has one playing HC :-D.  just a suggestion, I love battlefield, but normal mode really isn't my style (i will play it, some, just to enjoy it with you guys/gals).  

Sincerely,

MiAtCh

I agree a HC server would be great (as would badbadrobot) but I know quite a few GSN'ers that are strictly normal mode. 

Blargosaur

Blargosaur

• Inactive
  • 516 posts

Hardcore would be cool too

Turbod0g

Turbod0g
  • Inactive
  • 262 posts

Hardcore not an option, wasssup wit dat

WeiseGamer

WeiseGamer