Virtual Audio Cable, Audio outputs and Streaming

virtual audio cable windows 7 streaming twitch itunes audio output

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Grohmall

Grohmall
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Has anyone here heard of virtual audio cable cable? I use my headphones as my main audio output for everything, except I want iTunes to still play through my speakers. But low and behold iTunes doesn't give you the option to change your audio output, not that I'm aware of at least. I heard virtual audio cable would help resolve this issue but I'm not sure how to set it up, everytime I try I get static feedback from the various outputs.

What I'm looking to do, with the help of virtual audio cable, is have my audio output for games/skype/teamspeak/etc. play through my headphones, while having only iTunes audio output play through my speakers, but also having both audio outputs be able to be heard for stream viewers. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Kashdeya

Kashdeya
  • Inactive
  • Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows!

• 334 posts

what sound card do you have? the reason i ask is cause with my sound card i can just change the options in the control panel. Cause the way you want to do it is how I have mine setup.

Grohmall

Grohmall
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16829132052 is the one I have

BadBadRobot

BadBadRobot

• Staff
  • I can do this ALL DAY

• 10,805 posts

I tried using that program, way to complicated. Gave up!

Murph

Murph
  • 215 posts

This can be accomplished, but it just depends really on if the programs you use will support changing the audio source and not just using the default audio selected by windows. I would make a guide here, but FrankieOnPCin1080p made a pretty good video explaining how to do it, if you follow the steps you should be able to get it working for how you like. 

Grohmall

Grohmall
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

That setup seems to still have itunes playing through my headset, but it does work great for streaming, Why must this be so confusing lol

Kashdeya

Kashdeya
  • Inactive
  • Pink Fluffy Unicorns Dancing On Rainbows!

• 334 posts

a very easy way to do it is like this.

1. set windows default to speakers.

2. open OBS and TS3 and whatever else program you use during recording/streaming and set your output to your head phones.

granted this is a easy way to do it but it is also a pain in the ass to do every time you want to record/stream.

there many be many more ways to get around it but without a good sound control panel I think this is the easiest.

NINcorp

NINcorp
  • 561 posts

Someone should write a new easy to use version of VAC.

Murph

Murph
  • 215 posts

Alright so I made a video for you since the way frankie had it setup wouldn't really help with what you wanted.

Hope that helps!

Grohmall

Grohmall
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Thanks! This helped a lot, Had problem using the KS repeaters though for my headphones so I had to use the mme ones but everything works great with those still. I have one question though, does the foobar media player have an iTunes genius like function? That's really the only reason I use iTunes, that or if there's another media player that you know of that has something similar. Cheers!

Grohmall

Grohmall
  • Forum Member
  • 22 posts

Also I was going to explain this but found a really good tutorial on youtube that explains how to create a .bat file to instantly open all your repeaters with your selected settings with the simple opening of a .bat file

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1BtS8YBXzoY

Here's how I currently have mine setup (note that these are using MME Repeaters, if you are or plan to use VAC and the KS Repeaters you have to put an _ks after \audiorepeater in the command prompt, for example: 

start /min "audiorepeater_ks" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater_ks.exe" /Input: "VAC Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable" /Output: "VAC Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable" /SamplingRate: 48000 /BufferMs: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart) Also note that everyones input/outputs are different so you'll have to change those accordingly and they have to be typed exactly how they appear in your repeater's drop down menu.

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "VAC Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable" /Output: "VAC Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable" /SamplingRate: 48000 /BufferMs: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "VAC Line 1 (Virtual Audio Cable" /Output: "Speakers (Logitech G930 Headset" /SamplingRate: 48000 /BufferMs: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "VAC Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable" /Output: "Speakers (ASUS Xonar DGX Audio" /SamplingRate: 48000 /BufferMs: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart

start /min "audiorepeater" "C:\Program Files\Virtual Audio Cable\audiorepeater.exe" /Input: "VAC Line 2 (Virtual Audio Cable" /Output: "VAC Line 3 (Virtual Audio Cable" /SamplingRate: 48000 /BufferMs: 500 /Buffers: 12 /Autostart

Murph

Murph
  • 215 posts

Also I was going to explain this but found a really good tutorial on youtube that explains how to create a .bat file to instantly open all your repeaters with your selected settings with the simple opening of a .bat file

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=1BtS8YBXzoY

Holy crap is this useful and I did not know it existed, so thanks for that :P

Just a recap if anyone is coming back to this thread, if you want to use something like iTunes Genius in foobar you can try using a plugin called foo scrobblecharts but you have to link it to a last.fm account.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users