Discord   |   Play games and chat with our PC gaming community in Discord.
Launch Discord  
Photo

Very High Temps

Best Answer MrMackeyMKayyy, October 01, 2013

Well, that was fun. I tried taking it off and putting it back on and all worked well with one problem. Now my LED does not work, nor will it read my speeds for the fans or pump.

The only thing that I took off was the usb connector which connected to my H100i and to my motherboard which gave me those readings. So now I have no control over my fans from corsair link but oddly enough my idle temps are the same. My fans are still working (ones connected to the radiator) but no control over them. It says my H100i is not connected when I tried to update the firmware.

f8db877f2c036438ca1d42ed439ea42c.png

Go to the full post »

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
30 replies to this topic

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member
  • Drugs are Bad MKayyy...

• 3,416 posts
Operating System: Windows 8
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 Gaming
Graphics/Video Card (GPU): x2 EVGA GTX 680 4gb
Processor (CPU): Intel i5 2500k
Hard Drive (HDD): WD Black 1TB
Memory (RAM): Corsair Vengence 16gb 1600MHz
Other Notes: Cooler: Corsair H110

So I started playing the Battlefield 4 beta and noticed that my CPU was hotter than it has ever been before. 

At full load while playing BF4 Beta it reached up to 90c at a full load. It seems like my corsair H110 is doing nothing at all, any thoughts?

CPU Temps

58635fb5eb483c927ac741a0e12f5e41.png

Corsair H100i

faa585125795aa3dc7101d2bdca5791a.png

Not sure if I am doing anything wrong or not, any ideas?

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

I am really stupid -_- I just increased my H100i fan speeds to 4000 RPM when it hits 70c. Lets see how this works.

*Edit: I change the RPM speeds yet they don't change... It is like they locked the RPM at 2300rpm but I have the option to change it to 4000rpm. I am not sure what to do with the pump..

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

double check the back bracket alot of ppl install the bracket upside down (bracket for the cooler on the backside of motherboard)

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

double check the back bracket alot of ppl install the bracket upside down (bracket for the cooler on the backside of motherboard)

I highly doubt that I installed it backwards but I will give it a look.

Naaackers

Naaackers

• OTS FPR TJE LODS

• 6,903 posts

Test with other games first. BF4 is extremely hardware intensive and could just be overworking your CPU. However, 90c is REALLY HIGH. Like dangerous high. Might want to check your cooler and thermal paste - make sure is seated correctly. 

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

I am not quite sure which way is the right way to put it on. I have the little ridges on the outside. Also, how would this affect my cooler not being able to change RPM at all?

This is how I have it at the moment

IMG_1954_zps7e6c498d.jpg

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

Test with other games first. BF4 is extremely hardware intensive and could just be overworking your CPU. However, 90c is REALLY HIGH. Like dangerous high. Might want to check your cooler and thermal paste - make sure is seated correctly. 

I have not had any other games go above 90c before, the highest was 70c. I just want to know why my H100i is not changing to 4000rpm when I set the curve for it to do so.

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member
  • var Paronity = new Guru();

• 16,885 posts

1.) As NAckers said, be careful at those temps. That is burning range. 

2.) Are your fans from the radiator going into the block, or straight to the board? 

3.) There doesn't look to be a lot of bolt coming through the nuts on the back side. Are you sure those are tight enough? DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM. I'm just going by the picture, which could be misleading. 

4.) What paste do you have on the chip and what method to apply (pea to smooth, credit card, x-line). 

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

looks like from that pic the bracket it sideways to notches on the side fgo at top were 2 screws are

http://www.corsair.c...0/backplate.png  how it should look 

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

and if your rpm on fans is only 2400 thats all they should give see if u can lower the temps double check the max rpm of your fans check by model 

*edit* as i just remembered with my h100i i changed fans and because they weren't same pin i was unable change rpm with the corsair application i had get a fan controller

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

1.) As NAckers said, be careful at those temps. That is burning range. 

2.) Are your fans from the radiator going into the block, or straight to the board? 

3.) There doesn't look to be a lot of bolt coming through the nuts on the back side. Are you sure those are tight enough? DO NOT OVER TIGHTEN THEM. I'm just going by the picture, which could be misleading. 

4.) What paste do you have on the chip and what method to apply (pea to smooth, credit card, x-line). 

1. Yeahhh

2. They are blowing through the radiator.

3. It is pretty tight, the screws look to go about half way through the nuts on all four sides.

4. Don't hate me for this, I used the pre-applied thermal paste that came with the 100i.

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

and if your rpm on fans is only 2400 thats all they should give see if u can lower the temps double check the max rpm of your fans check by model 

*edit* as i just remembered with my h100i i changed fans and because they weren't same pin i was unable change rpm with the corsair application i had get a fan controller

I am using the stock fans that came with my H100i and yeah it seems the max RPM is about 2300

Devils_knight

Devils_knight

• 1,094 posts

so fix the backplate and your temps will drop 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

1. Yeahhh

2. They are blowing through the radiator.

3. It is pretty tight, the screws look to go about half way through the nuts on all four sides.

4. Don't hate me for this, I used the pre-applied thermal paste that came with the 100i.

1.) K.

2.) Not what I meant. Power wise. Pin wise. Where are they powered?

3.) As Devils said, looks like it is mounted sideways. 

4.) Ugh

Pouncer012

Pouncer012
  • 265 posts

May I suggest? http://www.coolermas...ler/v8-gts.html

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

1.) K.

2.) Not what I meant. Power wise. Pin wise. Where are they powered?

3.) As Devils said, looks like it is mounted sideways. 

4.) Ugh

2. My bad lol, they are powered by my power supply. I have a little thingymabob that allows fans to be plugged into it and it uses power straight from the PSU. Below is the thingymahbober.

IMG_1955_zps87d1ac94.jpg

3. Trying to figure out how the dump it is mounted sideways

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

Since you are using a fan controller, you are likely not using the curve where you think you are. If you are changing the Block of the H100 to change the revs on the fans, the fans need to be powered by it. This means that your curve is actually controlling nothing most likely. 

Paronity

Paronity

• Forum Member

• 16,885 posts

3. Trying to figure out how the dump it is mounted sideways

Just needs rotated. Your photo, this indentation:

10_1_2013_1_21%20PM.jpg

Should be up here:

10_1_2013_1_21%20PM.jpg

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

Since you are using a fan controller, you are likely not using the curve where you think you are. If you are changing the Block of the H100 to change the revs on the fans, the fans need to be powered by it. This means that your curve is actually controlling nothing most likely. 

The curve does work actually, I just make it lower my rpm's so that means that my fan does cap at around 2400rpm.

MrMackeyMKayyy

MrMackeyMKayyy

• Forum Member

• 3,416 posts

Just needs rotated. Your photo, this indentation:

10_1_2013_1_21%20PM.jpg

Should be up here:

10_1_2013_1_21%20PM.jpg

I thought that I tried doing that before and it would not work, I will give it another shot. I have to go to a meet for about 20 mins so I will be back in a bit and when I get back I will rotate it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users